Thread: iTunes Error -9812 while accessing the iTunes Store

iTunes Error -9812 while accessing the iTunes Store

When connecting itunes, trying to contact itunes store and flies through the second error message: "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (-9812). There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later. "

Actually you can not sync anything! Yesterday everything was fine ...

I anyone has the solution for this ....

Re: iTunes Error -9812 while accessing the iTunes Store

Hi,

I had got the same error, when I try to log in to your account at the store or to download a mobile version of the film to DVD - again excluded error 9808.

Solution found :

Go to Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security and remove the tick from the position of "Check for server certificate relocation" and click Apply. After that, itunes store, I get normal again.

hi,

Tunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error occurred (-9812). Make sure your network connection is active and try again.

Apple say's
    "If you have broadband access (cable, DSL, or other high-speed access), try turning your modem off for a minute and then turning it back on. If you also have a router connected to the modem, turn it off for a minute and then back on again. Once you've established a web connection, try accessing the iTunes Store again from iTunes."

l33t

listen ppl!!!
    i hav tried all dis and much more,and also googled it deactivated my kaspersky too the i tured off my firewall too!
    @least now gimmi solutions(DESPERATE )

even apple quote dosnt help!!!!!

If you have a broadband (cable, DSL or other broadband connection), try turning off your modem for a minute then back on. If you also have a router connected to your modem, turn it off for a minute then back on again. Once the web connection is established, try to access the iTunes Store from iTunes again.

If the above procedure does not solve the problem, follow the steps in the section of Microsoft's article

OMG!! what is dis??i already followed da quote and even appl and ms!!!
    y dnt u understand

Quote Originally Posted by DanshuP View Post
    OMG!! what is dis??i already followed da quote and even appl and ms!!!
    y dnt u understand
    Alright, could you please tell us when did you start getting that iTunes Error 9812? Did you install any new software or so? Can you do a system restore to a previous state when you were not getting that error? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Itunes software again? Can you be more specific with your problem? What internet service are you using? Are you able to browse, surf the internet without any issues?

l33t Re: iTunes Error -9812 while accessing the iTunes Store

nope,tyed evrthing,i use bsnl internet,and i tunes was workin very fine B4 i installed iTunes 9.so, do u hav a solution,even tried what appl or ms said. and i can browse the web pefectly..
    Last edited by DanshuP; 16-05-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: not finished the sentence

I got this exact same error after upgrading my 3.x iPod Touch to the new 4 system. iTunes informed me that a new version of the software for my product was available so like an idiot I said yes.
    It backed up my ipod.
    It restored my iPod to its factory settings
    it installed the new software.
    It went to restore my backed up data
    It crashed with the error.
    Since then I've tried all the XP fixes (re: security), uninstalled and re-installed iTunes on my laptop, reset my router connection - you name it I've donwe it and still I see this error on connecting my iPOD

The upshot of this upgraqde is that my new iPOD touch is now completely useless (as you can't restore it via iTunes).

I hate apple. This is the second time they've screwed me over - the first in rendering my Apple Hi-fi useless without another gadget (they changed the charging system from 12v to 5v).

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I HATE APPLE

NEVER UPGRADE YOUR IPOD SOFTWARE

This is sometime really frustrating. The reason behind this can be the internet fluctuation which has caused sudden break. I will recommend you to first take your ipod to nearby service center and fix it, if the same is under warranty. Or else the procedure for restoring back the entire ipod is very long and the result is also not 100% sure. Try hard reset once and then check back.

OK, after 3 hours I found the problem was linked to certificate revocation within my default web client. I use the Mozilla Firefox client and while iTunes has fixed this issue for IE, they haven't for Firefox.
    The solution was to download IE8 (+ updates) and install it as my default browser. I was then able to pass the problem and continue with the restoration of data to the iPod. Once up and running, I switched back to Mozilla as my default browser.
    Interesting aside: The act of installing IE8 (+ MS updates) also installed 8, yes 8 ad-tracker cookies which I deleted using the free Yahoo toolbar Anti-Spy tool).
    Last edited by Saket; 28-07-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: External link removed

I had faced similar issue in my system also where I was getting error when I trying to connect the iTunes stores. It is sometime a time out message alert when you are not able to join the store. A spyware problem preferebly. I had scanned my system with Spybot Search and Destroy and now it is working fine. I had also re-installed the same.