Thread: How to Ungroup taskbar buttons in Windows 7

How to Ungroup taskbar buttons in Windows 7

Previously i was using Windows Vista & now i am using Windows 7. Now i want to make some changes in windows 7 as i am use too that feature in Vista. I want to ungroup taskbar buttons. Also i each taskbar button should have it own thumnail as it was in Vista.

Is there any way to get this out...??? PLEASE HELP!

Re: How to Ungroup tastbar buttons in Windows 7

Right-click menu on buttons. Add a "group" option to the right-click menu when multiple instances of an application open, and add an "un-group" option to all grouped taskbar buttons.

When "ungroup" is selected, if it a place, the buttons would be simply to dissociate. If there does not have room, then, that is to say another series of buttons become gathered to make place, or if this was not possible, then the bar of the tasks can go in its mode of run. If user did not like the result of action of ungroup, they always can click-right and again group it.

Under Taskbar properties you have three options:
    • Always Combine, hide labels (Default)

• Combine when the taskbar is full

• Never Combine

To Ungroup follow the following steps :

Right click Taskbar -> Properties -> Taskbar Buttons: "change the dropdown menu to Never Combine"

Changing the Windows 7 Taskbar to Vista Style

To return to old style, the first thing that you must make is to click right on the bar of the tasks and choose Properties in the menu.

Taskbar buttons from the drop-down menu, you need to choose the "never combine", each window will appear as a separate button on the taskbar, or you could choose the "Combine if taskbar is full"; who loves it just shows.

Now buttons will be in the style you wanted it but in windows 7 version.

Choose "use small icons" in the properties the the taskbar will become as same as Vista.

The problem is that the "pinned" icons are still on the taskbar, which is not the same as Vista, but can be easily remove all by right-clicking and choosing "Unpin this program from taskbar".

Quote Originally Posted by ThoMas321 View Post
    Right-click menu on buttons. Add a "group" option to the right-click menu when multiple instances of an application open, and add an "un-group" option to all grouped taskbar buttons.

When "ungroup" is selected, if it a place, the buttons would be simply to dissociate. If there does not have room, then, that is to say another series of buttons become gathered to make place, or if this was not possible, then the bar of the tasks can go in its mode of run. If user did not like the result of action of ungroup, they always can click-right and again group it.
    How can I add a "Group/Ungroup windows" option to the right-click menu? I don't see any menu entry to add the button.
    Thank you.

Google 7 Taskbar Tweaker. use the cnet download. only thing that works.