Thread: vmware error 511

vmware error 511

I have installed VMware server Console on Windows Vista. Whenever i try to connect to the local host i get the error saying "There was a problem connecting" 511 vmware-served service is not running. I tried to start the "VMware Registration Service" from the services & also got the error 1067 : the process terminated unexpectedly.

Re: vmware error 511

At one point the host server VMWare lack of disk space on which the guest virtual machines were stored. Windows has started complaining about low disk space and only 32KB was left. I tried to open the console of VMWare Server and got the error message below the "service vmware-serverd the 511 is not running"; All virtual machines functioned except that which consumed the remaining disk space commands physical SAS.

To solve this problem a stopping of the virtual machine, with a session RDP and moved in the repertory with another host VMWare Server, next stage, I have tried to put other virtual machines by a session RDP, and at one time was left with two other virtual machines that both are not accessible by the RDP, nor by the HS for a linux.

I opened Task Manager and located the remaining processes for the virtual machines. vmware-vmx.exe is individual process for each virtual machine. Two were left and I stopped both vmware-vmx.exe processes. Open services.msc console and restart the "VMware Registration Service" service.

After the service was turned on the initial process to set up virtual machines to start and all the virtual machines were in service. This is how I solved the problem with the VMWare server, but it brings me back to the root cause of why this happened and one thing that is really is to think how you will enter your virtual machines and disk space. I will implement thresholds and views with the camera soon Cacti and hopefully something that can help you too.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VMAuthdService]
    “DependOnService”=hex(7):76,00,6d,00,78,00,38,00,36,00,00,00,77,00,6d,00,69,00,00,00,00,00

This is the fix, copy the above to a file with a .reg extension and run it. It will add a dependency to the VMWare Authentication service

The problem has been resolved. It turned out we had to update the BIOS / firmware and the problem no longer arises. Strangely enough. The server had worked for a year without any problem

To resolve this problem, you must ensure that the correct version is installed.

Download and install from either of these sources:
    • chip
    • vmware-download

Start the services again:
    • VMWare Authorization Service
    • VMWare Registration Service