Thread: Unable to access linked Excel file from shared Excel file on server

Unable to access linked Excel file from shared Excel file on server

Hello Friends,

Just few days back i had created one Excel file and i had linked another Excel file to it. And that particular Excel file i had shared on the file server. Now the problem is that when my client computer try to access that particular Excel file, i'm able to open that particular Excel file, but i can not open the another file which i had linked to that particular file. I'm able to open it only on some systems. I have the same system configuration for all the computers, but it opens only on few systems. Can any body tell me that why i can't open that particular Excel file on all my computers? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to access linked Excel file from shared Excel file on server

With the help of converters and viewers from Office Online, you can share your Microsoft Office files with people who have different versions of Office programs, or even with people who don't have Office installed.

Converters allow you to open files created by people using different versions of your Office programs.

Easy File Sharing Web Server is a Windows program that allows you to host a secure peer-to-peer and web-based file sharing system without any additional software or services. Not even additional HTML page design. It allows you to run a web site on your own PC, share photos, movies, videos and music/MP3 files securely. It also allows visitors to upload/download files easily through web-based interfaces. Easy File Sharing Web Server is a file sharing system that is simply easier and faster than other methods of sharing. Why? Because it lets you use a tool you already know how to use: a web browser, But to build a web-based file sharing system, you need to install a HTTP-server such as apache or IIS, configure a database server such as MySQL or MS SQL SERVER and then build your system with HTML pages and scripts of PHP, Perl, ASP, VBScript, Javascript, and so on. All these are difficult for most users. Our solution saves your time, saves your money.Turn your PC into a powerful web server in seconds! Easy File Sharing Web Server contains several built-in systems including HTTP Web Server, multi-threads database system, Bulletin Board System, Server Script system, Password Protection system. Users just need to install Easy File Sharing Web Server and no other software. All without additional configuration. You may create a virtual folder from your hard disk; visitors may upload/download files to/from it. Easy File Sharing Web Server is much easier to use than a typical FTP server.

According to my best of knowledge, linked spreadsheet are very difficult to handle as well as to maintain in a shared environment. Also check out whether there is no password protection on that particular system, which are can naot open that particular linked file.

If you have a workgroup environment, then make sure your share has write access enabled. If you have a domain, be sure that the individual accounts or the group account of the users are having the rights to access your particular file.