Thread: Tally Accounting Data Corrupted

Tally Accounting Data Corrupted

Hi all. I am new to this forum. I need some urgent help from you guys.. I work on Tally for a company. Yesterday when i was working with an Accounting Data in Tally, my computer got shut down due to power cut . And since then when i am trying to open that data i am getting this error:

"Exiting Tally,
    File Damaged"

That data is much important for me. Do you have any idea how can i get that data back ? Please help me..

Re: Tally Accounting Data Corrupted

I can try to make you recover the corrupted data. to do so first of all make backup of your Tally data folder and follow this steps:-

1. Start Tally app.

2. Once you got to Company Selection Screen, press Ctrl + Alt + R key combination to launch the Company Rewrite utility.

3. Select the profile you were working last or the corrupt company profile and press Enter.

4. this will start the rewrite process. An you can access the data you were working.

Thats it !!

Tally incorporates many inbuilt protections to protect the data from getting corrupted. And the one is company rewriting option which you can use from Company Selection Screen.

Thanks for the help guys... Let me check with this tip . hope it works for me..

Hi guys, I'm new here too...and just in as much of a problem as Fernandoa was. I'm using Tally 9.1 and had some emergency system checkup on my machine while editing one of my company profiles.
    Now I get exactly the same error message whenever I try to access this company data...of course followed by the inevitable shut down of Tally, and all the above solutions don't seem to work.
    Is there any other way to retrieve this data...before I get retrieved...LOL!!

If the above solutions are not working then I dont see any proper solution to your problem. There are some applications which are available online which help in repairing the corrupted files. But I dont know if they work on Tally files or not. Search and download such application and then see if it is able to repair the corrupted Tally files. Hope it works for you.

question Tally Accounting Data Corrupted

Hi again, fellas
    Well, I somehow managed to recover my misssing data (re-installing Tally and re-rwiting the files on restore!!) but now I have a really baffling problem on my hands.
    I can open and access all my data and companies though when I try to post any new data in I get an errror message:
    Exiting TALLY!
    File: 'Backup: Data/10001/TranMgr.900'
    Size: 14962688
    Position: 14962688
    Chars: 512 (done 0)

Followed by an automatic shutdown. Incidentally this problem only occurs on my PC that crashed earlier, all other PCs on the network don't have this problem??!!
    Last edited by Taysachs; 03-02-2010 at 06:23 PM.