Thread: Photoshop 7 doesn't get open

Photoshop 7 doesn't get open

Hello Everyone,

Just few days back i had installed Photoshop 7 on my system. The problem is that when i try to open the photoshop, it takes too much time to get open. It doesn't get open on my pc. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? Whydoes Photoshop 7 doesn't get open on my system? Kindly help me to resolve the above problem.

Thanks.

Re: Photoshop 7 doesn't get open

According to the best of my knowledge 90% of problems with photoshop is because of having corrupted preferences files. You need to delete such file from the system. For that you need to checked your 'show hidden files' by going in to the Folder options. Anoteh option is you can go to your c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings. Or you can even your photoshop by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys on your keyboard, this will pop-up a window asking you whether you want to delete the preferences. If none of the above steps work out for you, then it means it has incompatible plugin or corrupt font on your system.

It sounds like a file has been corrupted on your system. If you are unable to find the solution then directly try to uninstall the Photoshop and reinstall it back on your system.

There is a preference file for every program that you use. If you throw away the current one for PS, it will create a new preference file when you restart Photoshop. Sometimes those preference files get corrupt when a program or computer freezes, crashes or sometimes for no reason at all.

Your on a PC and I am not sure where they are located on there, but you can run a search on 'photoshop' and it should come up as the file name being something like 'Adobe Photoshop Prefs' or something to that affect. Just take that file and delete it from your system. And then try to reboot your system.