Thread: PhotoShop CS2 DLL error

PhotoShop CS2 DLL error

I am using Photoshop CS2 & downloaded a free action. whenever i try to install that action i get error message saying "The application has failed to start because MSVCR70.dll was not found".

My question's are :

1. What does the MSVCR70.dll work with??

2. how can i fix this problem??

3. Do i need to Reinstall photoshop??

Can anyone Help with this..??

Re: PhotoShop CS2 DLL error

Did your photoshop work before you installed the actions?
    Try reinstalling the Photoshop as it is not installed perfectly...

dll files are normally things that the software or operating system use so i can't see it being related to the actions in any way.

Answer to your first & second question is as follows..!

I am using Photoshop CS2 & downloaded a free action. whenever i try to install that action i get error message saying "The application has failed to start because MSVCR70.dll was not found".

My question's are :

1. What does the MSVCR70.dll work with??

2. how can i fix this problem??
    The msvcr70.dll file is a 32-bit windows dll containing functions used by applications written using Microsoft Visual C++ version 7.0 included in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. The number of applications on the market that are using the msvcr70.dll file is growing rapidly, therefore this dll is needed on any machine that uses such applications. The msvcr70.dll file is NOT shipped with Microsoft Windows operating systems; it is usually deployed through the installer programs that deploys a .NET compatible application on your computer system.

There are a large number of reasons that can cause the msvcr70.dll file to get corrupted or missing, and therefore msvcr70.dll errors will show up when an application attempts to use the dll file. Some viruses and other malicious software may actually corrupt or delete the msvcr70.dll file, but in most cases the cause is different; possible causes are hardware error like disk drive error, file system error, software errors in system utilities and similar applications, that can cause corruption of the msvcr70.dll file. Some badly written or badly configured install programs may cause this, especially during the uninstall process which may delete the msvcr70.dll file while it may still be needed by other applications existing on the computer system.

Solution is pretty simple, you can download the msvcr70.dll file and copy it on your hard disk. The msvcr70.dll file must be placed in your Windows System folder. If you don't know what is the right folder for your operating system, please see below. A copy of the msvcr70.dll file can be downloaded right here. Download and use is at your own risk.

Important Note: the Windows System folder can be different depending on operating system and the install path that was originally used when your Windows Operating system has been installed. The defaults for this folder are:
    - C:\Windows\System32\ on Windows XP
    - C:\WINNT\System32\ on Windows NT and Windows 2000
    - C:\Windows\System\ on Windows 9x and Windows ME

The msvcr70.dll file is a runtime library containing functions used by .NET programs - its naming stands for Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library version 7.0. In most cases, downloading the msvcr70.dll file using the above download link should solve the problem, however if you are still experiencing problems with the msvcr70.dll file you may want to contact your software vendor to obtain an updated copy of the application that uses the msvcr70.dll file and reinstall it.

1. What is MSVCR70.dll ?

Ans : msvcr70.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library.

2. How can I fix this ?

Ans : Not a critical component, but see the information above before disabling it. Download file from here & install it.

tomazino Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.D View Post
    2. How can I fix this ?

Ans : Not a critical component, but see the information above before disabling it. Download file from here & install it.
    it worked for me thanks sam.