Thread: Cant open Corrupt MS Word 2007 file

Cant open Corrupt MS Word 2007 file

Hi,
    Yesterday when try to open a word file given by my brother i got an error that "vision.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents” i dont know what to do. its a very important document. please help me.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Re: Cant open Corrupt MS Word 2007 file

Hi,
    you can use Auto Repair and Recovery tool. its an in built tool included in all version of Microsoft Office, this tool will allow you to recover the corrupted file. Note: This recovery tool is not perfect, the detect and repair tool is a fairly basic engine, it wont be help full in case of a critical error.

You can use DocRepair. DocRepair is a professional file recovery software for corrupted Microsoft Word files and documents. DocRepair can recover and restore corrupted, damaged, or unopenable Word files.

DocRepair works for documents created by Microsoft Word 6.0, Word 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003 and Word 2007New for Windows, Word for Mac, and more. DocRepair 3.0 is the first and only software product in the market that supports corrupted Word 2007 document file (.DOC and .DOCX) repair.

Download demo version of DocRepair from here

You can also locate the temporary file of the original file. Its a hidden file. the temporary file will have a few different letters after the tilde like ~. for eg it ill be like ~wrdabcd.tmp. once you found the file ,Copy the file to a designated folder and rename the file extension from .tmp to .doc.

johnmichle515 Guest

Hi !

you can use a third party data recovery software to repair and recover your corrupted MS Word 2007 file.One of them is Kernel for repair microsoft word recovery software. I have used few days before to recover my corrupted ms word files. it works better and very powerful.

Thanks

sampatrik1 Guest

Hi Macfly,

This post is seem to be older, hopefully you have got solution for your problem. But if you are still searching for solution of your problem then read below..
    As per above discussion it is clear that your word document is get corrupt and you need to repair it. MS word now that a in build utility called "open and repair" use this tool to repair corrupt files. If you can't fix problem with above method then use stellar phoenix word recovery software.

Quote Originally Posted by Macfly View Post
    Hi,
    Yesterday when try to open a word file given by my brother i got an error that "vision.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents” i dont know what to do. its a very important document. please help me.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I think you windows file has got corrupted. you may use stellar phoenix word recovery tool in order to repair and recover the word files. It is very effective and has benefited so many MS Word users including me.