Thread: How to compress .csv format files ?

How to compress .csv format files ?

hello, i am working for and organization where i have to work on Ms office 2007. I hace a file in .csv format where data structure is stored a table form. I need to upload this file on DNC website to scan the data as per my company's requirements, but the file i having now is too large in size and the site is not accepting it..

So i need the suggestion in this case. Is there any way i can make its size small with out deleting any data from the file ? Please help me guys.. Its very urgent ?

Re: How to compress .csv format files ?

Yeah,, i am aware of the restriction at some places on the size of file that is to be uploaded. In this case instead of having to split the CSV file manually, now there is tool for you , named as CSV Splitter which can help you split the large CSV file within a second. CSV Splitter is a handy tool to split up csv files which are too large in size. allows you to define the number of lines and maximum pieces of output files. It will split the CSV file according to what you have defined. If you don’t want to have any limitation of number pieces of files been splitted, then just put max pieces as 0 and it will split the file by the number of lines you have defined.

Your original file is untouched and being a standalone you can carry it in your USB and use any where you want.The application requires the Microsoft .net Framework 1.1 and does not affect the original file.By default, a folder {csv file name}_Pieces will be created and all of the output files will be stored under this folder. The output file format will be named as {csv file name}_1.csv, {csv file name}_2.csv, {csv file name}_3.csv and so on.

So just download CSV Splitter and fix your problem

CSV Splitter is a free portable software so there is no need to install anything on your computer.Instruction to use:-

1. Fill in necessary information:
    CSV file: the path to the CSV that you wanted to split.
    Number of lines: the maximum number of lines/rows in each splitted piece.
    Max Pieces: limit the number of output files. '0' is unlimited.

2. Click "Split Now!", and that's it. You can find the splitted pieces in the a new folder of the same directory of the CSV file.

Thanks! This free CSV splitter is what I need to split large CSV files so I can work on the data with my CSV editors