Thread: Broken/Missing Shortcut?

Broken/Missing Shortcut?

I recently uploaded pictures off of my digital camera. I created a folder and copied the files into the folder. I moved to the folder to various locations; however, all of the folders are now just shortcuts and I can't find the original folder! I checked my recycling bin and restored everything that was in it. I checked my memory card and they aren't on there either. How can I locate my original folder?! I do not want to have lost all those photos!

I have used the Windows search to locate the photos. I can bring the shortcut of the photos up, but cannot actually view the photos. It simply searches for awhile and says the location cannot be found. When I go to properties of my folder and/or the photos that I search for, it says the target name is invalid. I didn't delete the pictures, so where could they be?!

Re: Broken/Missing Shortcut?

Hey!
    I would suggest you : First connect the memory card from which you copied the images. Then click on the shortcut that you have on your computer. Does it open well? If yes the the images are on the memory card and you will have no difficulties finding it.. But, If not, you did somethins very unusual and lost all the images... All the best!