Thread: How to find duplicate files on Windows 7

How to find duplicate files on Windows 7

Hey Guys!
    I have been using windows XP and recently installed windows 7 RC build 7100 which i got from a friend.I have take a backup on my computer and lost many files so i copied files from my backup DVD which i had created earlier. The problem is i have a lot of duplicate files that exist in different folders and different drives. Is there a way to find the duplicate files? Help Guys! Thanks in advance...

Re: How to find duplicate files on Windows 7

Hey!
    I know that there are a lot of duplicate files and folders finder software from many third party developers but till lately i have heard them working on Windows XP ony. Some of them work with Vista but not all, during the installation time they give some error like : "Unknown Operating System". Well you can try out those software that work in Vista. But i'm unaware of the same.. All the best!

Hey!
    I have searched through the net but all the softwares that i come accross are either trial version and won't perform the delete operation when i need it and others are not even trial version. I cannot spend money in these kind of softwares. Instead i'll save some money for Windows 7 RTM. Well can anyone help me out with a free software for the same? Thanks in advance...

Hey!
    I was in the same dillema since three months of getting a old backup which i messed up with the existing data on my hard disk. Well i found a cool and free software which is easy to use, well you need some time to get used to it... The software is : Duplicate File Finder and the current version is 3.5.0.0
    Some key features :

• Multithreading operation to provide extremely fast search results
    • FASTER Duplicate File Searching than any other program
    • Fast Search mode allows extremely fast byte comparisons on large files
    • Search Across Multiple Directories and Drives
    • Search for All File Type or Narrow your Search to only Specific File types
    • Double Click a file in the tree list to display a detailed information
    • Ability to Delete Original Files

Note : Files that are created first are considered as original files.

Download

I'd like to recommend using this duplicate file finder to deal with unnecessary files. It has many functions, user-friendly interface, safety options and 100% efficiency.

You can try this FREE tool that was recently featured on PCMagazine and ZDNet:
    Fast Duplicate File Finder will help you find fast all duplicate files in a folder and its sub folders.
    The applications will compare the content of your files so it will find duplicates even if they are using different file names.
    It uses fast binary comparison algorithm and has internal preview supporting a lot of image, video, music and text file formats.
    Last edited by rupesh; 07-08-2009 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Link Removed

Use Advanced Duplicate Finder. It finds and remove duplicate mp3, wma files, images, files with similar names and size and complete duplicates, and is easy to use.
    Last edited by rupesh; 21-01-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Link Removed