Thread: CorelDraw X4 crashes while Starting !!!

CorelDraw X4 crashes while Starting !!!

I am having Windows XP as operating system. I have installed CorelDraw X4 in my system. Now whenever I try to open a file within CorelDraw X4, the program crashes giving some CARM report. The file will open finely if I use Windows to open them. Can anyone tell me how to sort out this problem?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

Re: CorelDraw X4 crashes while Starting !!!

There are some settings in the Windows regarding whether to "Remember previously-used filenames" that if turned off. For that you will have to install the Microsoft's Power Toys. After installing that application go to the "Tweak UI" and do the settings :

1) Click on Start

2) Go to the All Programs

3) Open the folder Powertoys for Windows XP

4) Once you enter in that folder click on Tweak UI

5) After then click on Common Dialog.

6) Also make sure "Remember previously-used filenames" is checked.

This is a trick to sort out the error that you mentioned. Follow the steps :

1. First open the folder from the path C:\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\Programs\UIConfig\CorelDRAW.
    2. You will find the DrawUI.xml file situated inside it. You have to edit this file.
    3. After opening the mentioned file you will find a line stating "<dockpage guidref="bc1e2f70-3b58-41cd-8406-aaa550482972" visible="true" selected="true">".
    4. You have to edit this line. Change the visible to false and delete the keywords selected="true". Now your new code will be like this <dockpage guidref="bc1e2f70-3b58-41cd-8406-aaa550482972" visible="false">
    5. After doing, save this file and then close.
    6. Restart the CorelDRAW X4.
    7. There will be prompt whether to update the settings. Click on OK.

I think maybe your setup files are corrupted. So when you are trying to install the CorelDraw X4, it is not getting the installed. Try to install the application to another system. If there also it's not working then definitely the files in the CD or the setup has been corrupted. So you will have to look for another setup. Also I would like to suggest you to scan your system so that there will be no threats of virus. I know this error is not because of the virus but still for the safer side, do it.

Its strange that you are not able to open the files from the CorelDraw X4, that means the problem is lying within the application. Do try some software that remember previously files that have been used. Try using such software, if the problem persist then try changing the source of the setup. Because I was using it in my Windows XP, so absolutely no issue with the operating system. Maybe the setup that you are trying has been corrupted.