Thread: Ventrilo Lagging problem

Ventrilo Lagging problem

I am using vista on my desktop computer & have installed Ventrilo. After choosing the bindings computer getz freezed for a long time. but then after that it works perfectly. But when trying to re adjust or set new binding it againg laggs for a long time.

Please Help....!

Re: Ventrilo Lagging problem

May need to update your drivers for your microphone/headset - sometimes can cause issues over vent - check your inbound/outbound settings in ventrilo - Telstra has no issues i am aware of in regards to ports for ventrilo.

Wrote a post before about this that got deleted.

Basically I am using a VPN to a friend on Optus to even have Vent usable (so it looks very much like IInet's issue right now somewhere).

The Vent server is a paid one on the Network (so in AU).

Any word on a fix coming or a known cause?

Running the game causes my internet to lag horribly, I have a Shaw Cable X-1 Gaming internet, should be no problem. There are no hidden downloads, updates, or problems running in the background, and I am wondering if Quake live is just gobbling up all my bandwidth... I'm using Firefox 3, and Windows XP 32-bit.

I am running voice communication software in the background (Ventrilo), and the lag reflects on this horribly.

Have you tried to visit the Ventrilo support forums about this? »ventrilo.com/forums/

I've heard of this problem with people before, I've never personally had it, but a few people I've been in vent with in raids complained of terrible lag when their internet connections were fine. They eventually got it fixed, however I'm unsure as to what the resolution was, you could try re-installing ventrilo or reverting to an older version if you still have the install file on your PC as its possible one of the newer updates has caused an issue.

Fixing Lag that occurs only when talking....

Most cases where the ping is increasing only when talking are related to a connection upstream saturation.

Ventrilo is a program using a connection upstream mostly when transmitting voice discussion to the server. If the connection used is not sufficient, the data will start to be queued which will cause the high delay and ping.

To fix this issue, the server owner must lower the codec quality (How to change the codec of my server). Lower quality mean, less data transmitted and it should improve the situation.

If this solution is not working or not improving the problem please review the other support files (Ventrilo Support).