Thread: How to block user from sending emails outside exchange

SBS 2003 Exchange Block Emails by Subject Line

I need some help to block emails through subject. I am getting lot of spam on my server. I know there will be some kind of filter server which would help me to block the emails on the basis of subject line. It will be beneficial as I do not want to block the sender. I am trying to check the settings in the antivirus clients that I am using, but not able to find out solution for it. Does Windows Server offer some options related to that.

I was having the same problem, and also with CNN Alerts. I created an XML file and placed it in c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\MSCFV2. Our server does not have any subdirectories as you mentioned that it should have up to three.

Since I put the XML file in the directory, I have not seen any CNN Alerts e-mails, but all other junk e-mail is going straight into my Inbox; I have not had a single e-mail filtered correctly with IMF.

I'm obviously doing something wrong / have something set up wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could be missing?

Sounds like your syntax may be incorrect. Here is my syntax from my xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
    <CustomWeightEntries xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2005/CustomWeight">
    <CustomWeightEntry Type="BODY" Change="9" Text="Alert Name: My Custom
    Alert"/>
    <CustomWeightEntry Type="SUBJECT" Change="9" Text="CNN Alerts"/>
    <CustomWeightEntry Type="BOTH" Change="9" Text="CNN Alerts"/>
    <CustomWeightEntry Type="BOTH" Change="9" Text="My Custom Alert"/>
    </CustomWeightEntries>

How to block user from sending emails outside exchange

Hi friends,

In my office i need to block some of the users not to send any emails outside the exchange organization.I know that it's possible in Outlook,but don't know how to do it. Can anyone help me out with this issue.

Re: How to block user from sending emails outside exchange

Sure i will help you out for blocking any users from sending emails you need to create an SMTP Connector and following are the steps for the same.

1. First you need to open Exchange System Manager and locate the Connectors container.
    2. Now right-click on Connectors container and then select on New - - > SMTP Connector and click on Properties dialogue box for the new connector to get displayed and now give your SMTP Connector name which you need to give. I have call it as Demo Connector.
    3. You must now associate your SMTP Connector with your SMTP Virtual Server, For doing this you need to on Add button, over here you will get a list of SMTP Virtual Server, over here you will have one SMTP Virtual Server, select the SMTP Virtual Server and click on OK.
    4. Now you need to associate Address Space with this connector, this is just a simply list of addresses that this connector can send mail to, go to the Address Space tab and click on Add,over here you will get a screen with the Add Address Space dialogue box and also select SMTP over here.
    5. You will also get Internet Address Space Properties,Over here you will see E-mail Domain field, which indicates that this connector is capable of sending mail to any SMTP domain and then click on OK.
    6. Now click on the Delivery Restrictions tab, and add your group to the Reject messages from section.
    7. Finally Click OK to exit out of the SMTP Connector properties.

Re: How to block user from sending emails outside exchange

There is one more method of blocking user from sending emails outside exchange is through registry for that you need to follow below steps:-

1. First you need to create a new distribution group in Exchange.
    2. Now add all the users which are not allowed to send mail outside your Company or organization.
    3. Goto Modify option through properties the SMTP connector which are used to send through internet.
    4. Under the Delivery Restrictions tab, select REJECT MESSAGES FROM, over here add the distribution group.
    5. Click on start and in Run type regedit and follow to the following registry key:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Resvc/Parameters/

6. On the Edit menu, click on Add Value, and then add the following registry value:

• Value Name: CheckConnectorRestrictions
      • Data Type: REG_DWORD
      • Radix: Hexadecimal
      • Value: 1

7. Now finally close your Registry Editor and restart the Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service and SMTP services for things to take effect.