Thread: Optimize Windows for Gaming

Optimize Windows for Gaming

hello friends,

I am using Windows XP at my home. I usually like playing lots of games in my computer. Due to this my PC runs slow. I dont want to compromize playing games. What I want to ask is How can I optimze my Windows for gaming ?

any ideas....

Re: Optimize Windows for Gaming

Probably the games you are playing are high-intensified which your video card and your processor somehow supports but due to such a heavy load, it causes your PC to function slow. As a result, I would suggest you to get the latest and powerful graphic card....that might help you to run your high-intensified games smoothly on your PC

Instead of spending any money unnecessarily on purchasing a new graphic card, I would like to recommend a program called Game Booster that will help you optimize your Windows PC to gaming.

This application will not only help in the optimization of your PC for gaming, but it will also aid in running any CPU abusing application you want to launch. Although this application releases your computer from staggered applications and slothy PC tools, it uses very little processing power. This enables you to run it whenever you’d like without compromising vast amounts of CPU usage.

This application works much like the Windows Task manager but the difference is that it makes every task twice as easy and allows you to free up space with the click of a few buttons.

I agree with JonathanD. Game Booster is exclusively designed to optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button. Game Booster works by temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. It means that you can keep all the features of Microsoft Windows XP ready for when you need them, and turn them off when you are ready to get down to your favorite business – gaming.

there is also another software by the name of Game XP....is it any good???

Game XP

Game XP is intended to optimize the performance of your computer for gaming needs. It tweaks and modifies various XP settings (cache settings, CPU priority etc.) and optionally disables or stops several Windows services that are usually not needed. The program does not require any installation, and does not need to be running at all times. Game XP extends your operating system's capabilities and makes Windows faster and comfortable for maximum gaming experience.

The main features of the program are:

• Game XP has been designed to speed up your computer by optimizing system settings in the most efficient way to allow for maximum gaming experience.
    • Makes games to run faster and boosts overall performance of your computer.
    • Optimizes your 3D card performance for maximum gaming experience and much more...
    • No installation or modification needs to be made to your hardware.
    • If system analysis of Game XP match your computer then simply press the "Go to Warp Speed" button.
    • It does not need any DLL or another file(s). It is just a single "EXE" file: GameXP.exe
    • Easy to use interface.
    • No installation necessary.
    • No experience or computer skills necessary!

System Requirements
    • Windows 98/ME/2000/2003/XP
    • 64MB of RAM (128MB recommended)
    • DirectX® 7.0 or later
    • DirectX® 7.0 compatible graphics adapter that has minimum 32MB of memory and is fully DirectX®7.0 compliant

Compatibility
    Game XP has been successfully tested and developed under Windows 98 and XP.
    It also works under all versions of Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP and 2003.

The Good

The software do improve the system's speed, but not that much .

The Bad

The applications that run in the background will be stopped, there will be no improvement in gameplay. it makes system crash the meantime, Given your system may never recover from the changes, the interface makes it unclear whether you actually applied the changes or not. Very dangerous for the novice who looks for the extra bit of performance!

The Truth

This program is very powerful and messes with your system a lot. Non power users should definitely not be using this program. Just because your windows no longer slide into view, doesn't necessarily make your computer faster. it doesn't improve anything, but does manage to mess with your system a little too much.

Conclusion

Dont go for it !