Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Google chrome crashes/doesn't run on windows 7

Windows Software

Old 29-04-2009

Google chrome crashes/doesn't run on windows 7

Hey Guys!
I have been using google chrome as my default web browser on Windows XP without any problem...! But i'm not able to use Google Chrome on my Windows 7 Build 7000 machine...! Well if it runs, it will run without problems for only 15 minutes then it will crash... And Sometimes it will crash on the first start itself...! An ideas? I am using Google Chrome 1.0. Thanks!

Old 29-04-2009

Re: Google chrome crashes/doesn't run on windows 7

Hey!
I have a similar issue as yours but couldn't find a fix yet...! May be it doesn't work as Windows 7 is still in beta stages. I would suggest you to wait for the RC release of Windows 7. That might have changes and google chrome might work...! Till that time you can use Internet Explorer..!
Old 29-04-2009

Hey!
Thanks for the quick reply, but i am very used to google chrome. Its faster and smooth...! The problem with internet Explorer is its crashes a lot and starting it all over again after a crash is quite frustrating. Any other browser do you suggest that is as easy or better then Google Chrome... Internet Explorer takes ages before displaying orkut and crashes mush on it...! Thanks!
Old 29-04-2009

Hey!
I agree that Internet Explorer is too buggy and one will be obviously frustrated due to the crashes. But there are a lot of web browsers that are much better then chrome. Like you can use Opera, Safari. But the best one i would suggest is Mozilla FireFox...! Too much convenient and easy to use...! All the best! Happy surfing..!
Old 29-04-2009

Hey!
Well i am not sure but this might work, try adding the below parameter in the target after the source :
Code:
?in-process-plugins
Now the target field should appear like below :

Code:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rudra\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" ?in-process-plugins
Apply the changes and try to run it... All the best...!
Old 29-04-2009
searchlight

I have been using google chrome on my windows vista
it works pretty well and it's fast and smooth

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,