Thread: Edit videos on your computer

Edit videos on your computer

Hello everybody.

Me and girlfriend got a camcorder for Christmas and now I would like to be able to edit, cut, etc. on my computer. When I put on videos from the camera (dvdrv disc) it put everything in a VIDEO_TS folder with a bunch of different file formats, ranging from VOB, TS, IFO to BUP. Open the VIDEO_TS folder in VLC it will be like a real DVD, you can select the chapter, etc.

Now I want to know if you somehow can edit them in simple terms? Will it be more difficult due to file formats? Can something be done about the films to a single file, instead of 15-20 PC of large files in various formats?

So come on and help me now, I know there are knowledgeable here, have seen you write about similar stuff.

Grateful for response.

Re: Edit videos on your computer

Is not too familiar with these things but this might help:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VOB2MPG

It said that there are many other programs with similar features too, will see if any expert can express an opinion on which is best.

Thanks for your response, SpearMan!
    I think almost everything I need, see the two links, they looked very promising.

However, so I am happy to receive views and so if there are easier ways than others or better than others.

Some tips:
    • Save your movie often. Save it in multiple files, so that you can always go back to an older version.

• Begin by playing around with the various tools. The best way to learn with something like this is to be hands on.

• Go into the community! More often than not people will help you on most forums, and more specifically the gaming or technology forums.

• If you don't know how to do something, look for a tutorial. Chances are you will find the tutorial you need from a Google search or on a site like YouTube.