Thread: Windows 7 Error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation

Windows 7 Error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation

Hey!
    I have Windows 7 installed on my computer and i am enjoying it...! Well i have problems with installation of some games like Call of Duty : World at War and Microsoft Flight Simulator. Can anyone help me out? All i get is Error 1628 : Failed to complete installation... Help Guys! Thanks in advance...!

Re: Windows 7 Error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation

Hey!
    I am not sure if this works but try to update your Windows OS. May bee it needs some Windows Installer Updates... You can try to run the installation with Administrator's right by right-clicking on the setup and click on the option which says : "Run as Administrator" Hope this helps...! All the best..!

Hey!
    Yes, As Fame said, you need to update your Windows Installer to version 4.5 You can do that from automatic updates or you can download it from microsoft's website. I have provided the link to the download page below... All the best..!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/d...displaylang=en

Hey!
    I guess you need to change the restriction settings : Go to control Panel and click on "Local Security Setting" click on "Software Restriction Policies" in the right hand column double click on "enforcement" under this topic "Apply software restriction policies to the following user make sure you click on "to all users except local administrators"

unsure Re: Windows 7 Error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation

hi
    A have the same prob on cod4 . but only when am traying to inst updat 1.6-1.7 . trayd evryting . enyone know what to do ?
    Last edited by dyret; 12-09-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Go to Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance - Administrative tools - Local security policy - Software restriction policies. If there isn't any then click on Action tab. Then click onto enforcement. Also select all users except administrator.

The previous person must not have read that this is re: Windows 7. The CP is different - meaning there is NO Performance and Maintenance category!

I'm glad if this fix works BUT I can't try it if it isn't written with the appropriate OS. I've tried searching for the software restriction policies but no hits.

If someone with Windows 7 64bit can write these instructions, it would be most helpful!