Thread: SecurityError: Error #2148

SecurityError: Error #2148

I am using the Windows 7 operating system and I have DreamWeaver CS4 installed along with Flash CS4. I am having a serious situation in my system when I am trying to play a .swf file. Actually, I get an error message saying "SecurityError: Error #2148". I am not able to understand why this is happening.

I have done a clean install to Windows 7. I was using Windows XP previously and did not have such issues in it. So, if anyone knows why this is happening, then kindly provide some assistance soon.

Re: SecurityError: Error #2148

The Windows 7 operating system has many incompatibly problems with almost all the applications and softwares that run fine in the older versions of Windows. So, I guess that the SecurityError: Error #2148 is being encountered because there are some sorts of conflicts between the Windows 7 operating system and DreamWeaver CS4 and Flash CS4.

If an incompatibility issue is resulting in the SecurityError: Error #2148, then it is required that you must install the compatibility tool for these softwares. With this technique, you will be able to do all the required compatibility settings that will help you to run the softwares without any issues in the Windows 7 operating system.

Just let me know if the problem exists even after that. I am waiting for your reply.

Inorder to get rid of the incompatibility problems like SecurityError: Error #2148 that are encountered in the Windows 7 operating system, you have to run the application in the compatibility mode. This mode can be achieved with the help of the option for troubleshoot compatibility. I can assure you that the issue will be resolved because I keep using the same method. I hope your issue will be fixed after that.

It seems that you have changed some security settings because of which you are getting the message of SecurityError: Error #2148. There is no need to worry because if you reset the settings to default, the issue can be fixed. If the problem persists, then it will be better if you report about the same to the officials. They will respond back to you with the particular solutions that can be used.

On installing DreamWeaver CS5 and Flash CS5, I got rid of the SecurityError: Error #2148. This means that the problem was being faced because there were really some conflicts between the particular versions of these softwares and the Windows 7 operating system. I hope that many of the members here will be helpful from the information that is being shared here. Thanks for all your co-operation guys.