Thread: How to install yahoo messenger on SUSE

How to install yahoo messenger on SUSE

Hi friends,

I am facing an issue while installing Yahoo messenger on SUSE. I tried using synaptic manager but it wont fetch me the compatible package. I downloaded the .exe package but I found it tough to make the installation.Can anyone help me out with this or provide me any other alternative solution for it.

Re: How to install yahoo messenger on SUSE

I would prefer you not to install Yahoo Messenger on your SUSE instead of that i would suggest you to go with Pidgin or Skpye.

Re: How to install yahoo messenger on SUSE

Sure i will help you out with this try to follow the below steps:-

1. Install a program called "Wine." This is a program that functions essentially the same way an emulator does; it is a program that runs within SUSE that can install and run programs made for the Windows operating system. Files for the installation of Wine can be found via the third link in Resources or by searching for "Wine" in the "Package Manager" under the "System" tab.
    2. Now Download Yahoo! Messenger executable file in Resources. Select the "Download" button, then click on "Download Now" on the page to which you are taken. Be sure to download this file to somewhere that is easily accessible or that will be simple to find, as it is the most important part of this process.

3. Run the Yahoo! Messenger setup.exe file and not normally recognized by SUSE, will automatically auto-load in Wine. On some older distributions of SUSE, a menu box will pop up asking you to select the program in which you wish to run the .exe; of course, you should select Wine.Now the process will proceed exactly in the same way as it would if you were installing in Windows.