Thread: Gets ATI Desktop Control Panel error

ohmy Gets ATI Desktop Control Panel error

Hello Everybody,

Whenever i reboot my system, i always get an error message on my screen stating that "ATI Desktop Control Panel" has encountered a problem and needs to close it immediately. I don't know but all sudden it started to give me such problem on my pc. Have any body encountered such problem on their pc? Can any body help me out to get rid out of the above issue? Any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Gets ATI Desktop Control Panel error

Couple of things to try:-

1) You could right click on the desktop on an empty space, click properties, click the settings tab then click advanced, click options tab and uncheck enable ATI taskbar app.

2) Alternatively, you can uninstall your ATI drivers through add/remove programs and install the latest from ati official website

If you have an ati (radeon often) video card then you need this. If you swapped cards you should take it out of the registry if it conflicts, probably. If you don't know how to do this without creating a disaster (which is very probable if you try it without good understanding of the registry and how it works) get expert help, and they may still end up screwing you up so make sure to back up your registry first in hopes that it's not so screwed up later you can go back and replace it with the back up.

The DNA drivers actually remove the ATI control panel on installation. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) this is all to do with unlocking the extra features/tweaks that are DNA drivers.