Thread: Cannot delete HDD partition Seagate

Cannot delete HDD partition Seagate

Hi All!

Specification :
    Moterboard: ASUS
    RAM:1 GB
    Processor:AMD 4200
    HDD SATA 320GB seagate

I am having the problem with my SATA HDD. it was having a problem with a boot, a cursor blinks only before booting but it didnt worked. The i tried to format the Harddisk & all the partitions in it & reinstalled the XP in it. Then it worked for a while but the same problem persisted & even now i can't delete the partitions, as Format option is disabled automatically.

Please Help....!

Re: Cannot delete HDD partition Seagate

Try The following solutions :

1. Use Floppy disk to get rid of everything on the hdd

2. Go to seagate's site and download the tools to 0/Clean the whole hdd & then start Clean with what you want/need to do ?

You are limited to 4 primary partitions.

I also suggest that you read the disk partitioning section of the Gentoo Linux install guide and then use their "fdisk" to partition the drive.

You could create a primary partition for XP, a primary partition for Vista, a primary partition for Linux, and a crapload of extended and logical partitions.

It is nicely documented here.

The linux fdisk will not fsck with any of your current partitions. Some others will trash FAT's and MFT's when any new partition data is written to the disk. It's by far the safest way to do it.

I'm sure that Partition Magic can do it as well. I believe that the XP Disk Management tool can also create extended partitons, but unfortunately I don't have a spare disk to test on.

You can browse to BootDisk.com and download software that will help - load it onto a floppy disk, restart your computer, go into the BIOS, set your boot-priority to your floppy drive, insert the disk, and restart again.

OR

Within Windows XP:

Open the Control Panel.
    Open Administrative Tools.
    Open Computer Management.
    In the left pane, under Storage, open Disk Management.
    The right pane should show a list of your drives, by letter, above a diagram of what partitions they have if any.
    Right-click within any of the fields below the colored bars, and select Delete Partition.

This is correct but be careful because you will delete all the files etc on the partition too.
    Another way to get to it is right click on My Computer and click Manage. Then continue as above.
    It is recommended that you do not remove a partition if you can at all live with the partition being on your hard drive. It is documented that removing a partition can be detrimental and cause major problems within the windows environment.
    Remove partitions within windows at your own risk!!

OR

Cute Partition Manager is a freeware application that allows you to create partitions (up to 100 partitions per hard disk), delete partitions, change the boot flag and partition types of partitions, etc. The download is a Windows executable that creates the Cute Partition Manager bootable CD. You will have to boot your computer using the bootable CD and run the partition manager from there