msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not found
Re: msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not found
You can receive this error message when starting Windows XP or a number of other applications. You may also receive this error message while attempting to use the calendar function in Microsoft Works. Just follow the below steps mention to resolve the above problem.
1) Open Windows Explorer
2) Select Search
3) In the Search Dialogue box type MSDART.DLL and select the search to search in all files and folders on your C:/ drive
4) After the Search has completed check that the MSDART.DLL is located in the C:\Windows|System32 folder.
5) If the file is not located in the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder then copy the file directly to the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder.
6) Reboot your machine and see if that has cured the problem.
7) If the problem still persists move on to Method Two
1) The second method involves downloading the latest version of MDAC_TYP.EXE file. To download the software click or visit the following Microsoft website.
2) After downloading the MDAC_TYP.EXE file you also need to download the Jet 4.0 service pack 8 this is available on the Microsoft website.
3) Once both files have been downloaded Restart your pc in Safe Mode. You do this by repeatedly pressing the F8 key as your pc is booting.
4) Now install MDAC_TYP.EXE
5) After you have installed MDAC_TYP.EXE reboot your pc into safe mode again
6) On the second reboot into safe mode install the WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe (the Jet 4.0 service pack and once again Restart you pc again. This time you can boot normally.
Download the file and then install it. After installing the file the problem should, hopefully, be fixed.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not found"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Procedure entry point not found||Hemadri||Windows XP Support||3||18-09-2009 07:27 AM|
|jqsnotify.exe - Entry Point Not Found||savio||Operating Systems||3||27-08-2009 06:29 AM|
|AirGCFG.exe-Entry point not found||Rhys||Operating Systems||3||14-08-2009 10:19 PM|
|DWM.exe entry point not found||jean-paul martell||Operating Systems||3||01-05-2009 11:37 AM|
|regarding what is sttray.exe-entry point not found||gouthamk10||Windows XP Support||3||02-02-2009 06:28 AM|