NTFS-3G Stable Read/Write Driver
The NTFS-3G driver is a freely and commercially available and supported read/write NTFS driver for Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, NetBSD, Solaris, Haiku, and other operating systems. It provides safe and fast handling of the Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 file systems.
NTFS-3G develops, quality tests and supports a trustable, feature rich and high performance solution for hardware platforms and operating systems whose users need to reliably interoperate with NTFS.
The driver is used by millions of computers, consumer electronics devices for reliable data exchange, and referenced in more than 30 computer books. Please see our test methods and testimonials on the driver quality page.
The NTFS-3G driver is used by over 220 distributions. Many, like Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE and Ubuntu with over 8 million users, use NTFS-3G as the default NTFS driver.
Re: NTFS-3G Stable Read/Write Driver
NTFS-3G for Mac OS X
* Simplified install procedure: NTFS-3G now installs MacFUSE (2.0.2/2.0.3) with it, so that users don't have to download two different packages to get read/write NTFS support working.
* New preference pane version, 0.9.8: The user can now choose to always mount (recover) uncleanly unmounted volumes without user confirmation. (Some minor bugfixes also included.)
* The NTFS-3G system preferences are now retained between installs, and limited support for automatically repairing damaged NTFS-3G settings has been added.
* When asking for confirmation before mounting a volume with an unclean log file or a hibernated volume, the dialog informing the user that the mount succeeded has been removed.
* The 'stable' and 'ublio' labels are dropped. We now have a 'standard' build, and a 'legacy' build in case anyone is still interested in the limited feature set of the old 'stable' build. The 'legacy' build will probably be removed in the future, unless anyone has a good reason that it should be kept maintained.
* NTFS-3G 2009.4.4
* NTFS-3G 2009.4.4 (legacy build)
Certain patches such as the caching layer are omitted in this build.
* Mac OS X 10.4/10.5, running on an Intel or PowerPC computer.
The package has been tested with Mac OS X 10.4.11/Intel and Mac OS X 10.5.6/Intel.
NTFS-3G includes and depends on MacFUSE.
|Tags: driver, ntfs 3g, read, stable, write|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "NTFS-3G Stable Read/Write Driver"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|unable to write NTFS.||Althea||Operating Systems||6||25-05-2011 09:56 PM|
|How to read and write NTFS partition on Red Hat Linux||Adene||Operating Systems||5||26-12-2009 06:55 PM|
|Enable NTFS Read / Write in Snow Leopard||piyush chavla||Operating Systems||3||22-09-2009 12:17 PM|
|Enable write NTFS partition in Ubuntu||Markos||Guides & Tutorials||1||20-05-2009 09:28 PM|
|How to toggle between read-only and read-write in Word 2007||Mae Huckett||MS Office Support||1||13-02-2008 02:50 AM|