Thread: HULU download problem with Replay Media Catcher (RTMPE .flv)

HULU download problem with Replay Media Catcher (RTMPE .flv)

I am registered user of Replay Media Catcher & for dowloading videos from HULU & was working perfectly.

But suddenly today when trying to do the same it gave me the error with the broken link icon "Partial Recording Finished". I use Flash ver.10, Win XP SP2 & Replay Media Catcher ver. 3.01. There is no change till then. I have no updates as my auto updates now or no other software installed from then.

I am trying to download RTMPE.flv through this software.

Can Anyone HELP PLEASE....!

Re: HULU download problem with Replay Media Catcher (RTMPE .flv)

Media Catcher still works with Hulu, just not Hi-Definition (”480p”) videos.

The reason why this has happened is because Hulu streams the Hi-Def videos using Adobe’s RTMPE (RTMP Encrypted) protocol. Media Catcher used to download these encrypted streams, but Adobe didn’t like that fact and ordered us via court order to stop using their proprietary encrypted protocol.

So, to sum it up, Media Catcher still works with Hulu… just not the hi-def videos. You can still get *any video* off of that site, just not the hi-def version of it.

How to Record Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing

Web services like Hulu and Fancast are great for watching shows online. But what if you're on a plane or otherwise disconnected from the Internet? Can't you download shows for offline viewing on, say, a PC or iPod?

Replay Media Catcher: Click for larger image.Unfortunately, Hulu, Fancast, and similar video-on-demand services don't allow you to download their media. Instead, it's streamed in real-time, with nothing actually getting stored on your PC.

And because the services rely on Flash software for playback, you need a desktop Web browser. Sorry, iPhone owners.

Of course, if you're willing to put a little time, money, and effort into it, you can work around these limitations.

Applian Technologies Replay Media Catcher 3.0 can capture just about any streaming media and save it to your PC, where you can then watch it at your leisure (without an Internet connection) or convert it for viewing on a mobile device.

I used the $40 program to record the Jim Carrey classic Liar, Liar from Hulu. It was incredibly easy--press the record button, then start and pause the video--but it took a while to finish. That's because Media Catcher records in real-time, so whatever the duration of the video, that's how long it'll take to capture.

The program stores files in a format called FLV, which can be viewed on your PC using an included player. However, if you want to convert them for, say, your iPod or iPhone, grab a copy of Videora iPod Converter. This free utility easily converts FLV files to an iPod-ready format. But it, too, takes time: just over an hour for a 90-minute movie.

Hey, I never said this was a quick, easy, or free solution. But if you want to stock up on episodes of Arrested Development, Firefly, and other gems to take on the road, this does the job.

Source : pcworld.com

I'm sure there are several ways, but the only way that I've found to do so is with replay media catcher.

However, in the past month or so, Hulu has updated their flash code so that you cannot download the regular resolution videos with Replay Media Catcher anymore. When they did this they overlooked updating the code for the high resolution videos though, so if you use replay media catcher you can download any high resolution video you want. you have to click the link on the right hand side of the player that says 480i to do this.

I've tried several other downloading programs and none other seem to work. Hope this helps

Mykies Guest

Another way I found is tunebite, didn't try it yet but saw some articles it can record even RTMP Encrypted from hulu and other sites like this one.
    Everyone already tried it? It seems to be interesting, its features could be very helpful but I don't know how's working..

I'm a very older user of tunebite, I bought it a while ago because I needed to convert some audio files and I kept using it and upgraded it every time a new version came up. And this new version has much more features than the other versions and of course it also captures hulu. I have already recorded some streaming video and it worked pretty nice. I really like it and never thought it could be a hulu downloader, but everything changes, right?
    However, it records videos with good quality and it even converts the videos to 3gp, which I really like because now I have videos on my phone too.
    Last edited by rupesh; 08-02-2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Link Removed

I was just wondering, is it indeed possible to record and save Hulu shows? Because until now all the apps I tried and claimed they can download Hulu shows did not work at all and I would just hate it to install yet another useless app.
    I really need a good reliable Hulu Downloader that can help me record and save Hulu shows again because Hulu has the latest shows of most of my favorite series, and I just hate to watch them online.
    This Tunebite app mentioned here, how exactly does it work to download Hulu shows?

I'll suggest you a application which can help you to download your hulu shows. It is called "GetFLV Pro 8.8.48".

GetFLV is a powerful Windows utility that makes it easy to grab Flash movies from the Internet, save them on your hard drive, and play them when you want, to thwithout being connected e Internet. It's easy to download Flash movies from Internet movie sites. Simply launch the FLV browser, and visit your favorite video site. Select and play a video, and click "download" to save it to your hard drive. You can get this application through the link mentioned below.
    http://www.techarena.in/download/dow...ger/getflv.htm

Thanks for the suggestions, but does this getflv really work to record Hulu videos? Because you see, as far as I know Hulu videos are encrypted now, with some sort of RTMP-e format so you are not able to download them anymore with just a flv recording app.
    I don't see mentioned anywhere that getflv has support for RTMP-e files as well.

Indeed, hulu's files are not flv, but rtmp-e which means that tehy are protected and cannot be downloaded with an usual downloading tool or with YouTube Downloaders. Well, Tunebite which I'm using records hulu shows and movies and alco converts videos to avi, mp3, 3gp or any other formats you need.
    On its site is a very helpful step by step tutorial and if you have any problem with recording hulu shows or movies, that tutorial will give you all the steps you need to follow.
    Besides that, many other useful features. There is also a free version as far as I saw which allows you to download and convert youtube videos without any limitation. You could get that to see how it works and then if you like it you can buy it, it's your chose...

samthjj67 Guest

If you want to download video from Hulu, you try this free software "StreamTransport", The app is able to browse and download video clips from video hosting websites of HTTP, RTMP, RTMPT, RTMPE, RTMPTE protocol, and these cover overwhelming majority of websites such as Hulu, Veoh, Boxee, Joost, YouTube, Yahoo Video, CBS, etc.

smile Re: HULU download problem with Replay Media Catcher (RTMPE .flv)

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by samthjj67 View Post
    If you want to download video from Hulu, you try this free software "StreamTransport", The app is able to browse and download video clips from video hosting websites of HTTP, RTMP, RTMPT, RTMPE, RTMPTE protocol, and these cover overwhelming majority of websites such as Hulu, Veoh, Boxee, Joost, YouTube, Yahoo Video, CBS, etc.
    Thank you, you saved my day.

a+,=)
    -=Finiderire=-

Configuration : StreamTransport v1.0.2.1559