Thread: Snipping Tool doesn't work in Vista

angry Snipping Tool doesn't work in Vista

Hello Friends,

I had installed Windows Vista on my system. From last few days i'm trying to capture some images with the help of my Snipping Tool, but the problem is that is doesn't allow me to save the image any where on my system. I don't know but previously it was working fine on my system. Can any body tell me that how do i get back my Snipping Tool back to work on my pc? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Snipping Tool doesn't work in Vista

The snipping tool is located in the start menu, under all programs, then accessories. Or just click start, and type snipping into the search box.

Windows Vista includes a screen capture/screenshot tool that is actually pretty decent. You can take region captures or full screenshots and easily save them using this tool.

Note: The snipping tool doesn't exist on every version of Vista. To turn it on, you'll have to go to "Turn Windows features on or off" in Control Panel, and check the box for the Tablet PC utilities.

The only problem with this tool is that there's no hotkey to bring up the window. Bring up the Start Menu, and then click on All Programs. Click the Accessories folder, and you'll see the Snipping Tool. Right click it and go to the Properties screen. You'll see a Shortcut key text box. The only annoying thing with this trick is that you can't use the PrintScreen key, but no big deal. I assigned Ctrl + F12 because that's something easy to remember that I don't use for anything else.

Try this. Go to Control Panel--> Programs and Features, and, on the left-hand side, click "Turn Windows features on or off". Look for "Tablet PC Optional Components". Can you put a check next to that, to re-install the snipping tool?

A missing snipping tool seems to be a common quirk with Vista. It maidenly disappears for no apparent reason. Here's what to do to recover it. Click 'Control Panel' to open it. 'Find Turn Windows Features on/off' in the vertical box way over against the left hand edge of the screen. 'Click' 'Turn Windows Features on/off. Click 'Continue' then put a check mark in the box ahead of 'Tablet PC Optional Components' by clicking in the little square. The computer will take a long time to show you the snipping tool in the list. Close the screen. After that, click the Start Icon lower left hand corner in your desk top. Click 'All Programs'. Click 'accessories and you will find the snipping tool in the list that opens.

You may reinstall snipping tool. You can find your tool in start menu and go all programs.