Thread: Windows Media Player 12 Equalizer

idea Windows Media Player 12 Equalizer

Hello Friends,

I had installed Windows 7 and had got new Windows Media Player 12 on my system. I would like to know that how do i get the equalizers in Windows Media Player 12. Can any body tell me that where do i get them and how do i change the settings in Windows Media Player 12? Does any body knows about Windows Media Player 12? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue. Any kind of information of the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Media Player 12 Equalizer

Here’s how you get it:

1. Start Windows Media Player 12 in Library View.
    2. Now press Alt to get the menu, and navigate to View--> Skin Chooser.
    3. Select ‘Revert’ skin from the skins list and press the “Apply Button” button.
    4. You can now see the “Graphic Equalizer” button at the bottom right of the skinned WMP12.
    5. Lastly, set the default equalizer options to whatever you like.

Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) is the next version of Windows Media Player software that comes bundled with Windows 7, the next version of Windows operating system from Microsoft. WMP 12 features additional built-in codecs and lots of graphical user interface
    (GUI) improvement, which makes WMP12 more elegant. With the redesign, some common controls and settings in WMP has also been repositioned.

For example, the enhacements setting in Windows Media Player 12 such as crossfading and auto volume leveling, graphic equalizer, play speed settings, quiet mode, SRS WOW effects, video settings and Dolby Digital settings have been removed menu and preference in WMP12 Library view, and only available hidden in Now Playing view or Skin mode.

You can GEQ15P, this is a graphic equalizer plug-in for Windows Media Player.This plug-in allow the user to add up to 12 dB of boost or cut at any of 15 bands centered around ISO 2/3 octave frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz, the GEQ15P extends consumers audio experience in Windows Media Player.

In Windows Media Player 12 Library view, click on Switch to Now Playing shortcut icon to instantly change to Now Playing view.

Alternatively, press Alt key to display the menu bar, and then go to View menu, and click on Now Playing or Skin to switch to Now Playing or Skin view respectively. For keyboard shortcut, press Ctrl+2 to switch to Skin view, or Ctrl+3 to switch to Now Playing mode.

Press Alt key to display the menu bar, and then go to View menu to select Enhancements in the pull down menu. The following enhancement options can be found:
    • Crossfading and auto volume leveling
    • Graphic equalizer
    • Play speed settings
    • Quiet mode
    • SRS WOW effects
    • Video settings
    • Dolby Digital settings

An alternative method to display Enhancements menu in WMP12 is to click on Show List on the top right corner to display the playlist, and then click on the button on the end of the Playlist
    pane, and then go to Enhancements menu item to display all options available.

Yes, i agree with Macarenas. You may go to library view and then you see graphic equalizer.