Thread: How do i take out screen shot of boot screen

ThumbsUp How do i take out screen shot of boot screen

Hello Friends,

I would like to know that how do i take screen shot of boot screen. Is there any particular software which can allow me to do so? Does any body have nay idea that how can do so? Kindly suggest me the steps for doing it. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: How do i take out screen shot of boot screen

Random Boot Screen 1.11 description

Is an original program that enables you to randomly change your boot-up screen each time your pc is started. RBS includes 5 seaside pictures for your enjoyment.

use a camera

While it is possible to use Photoshop to do this, it is MUCH simpler to do in Paint Shop Pro. If you are using one of the many programs to change your boot screen, then you might consider using Irfanview to resize and reduce the color depth of the image you want to use. All of the following instructions use Paint Shop Pro, but the basic concept is exactly the same in any other image editing program.

Open up Paint Shop Pro, and design your boot screen. It has to be 640x480, and you'll need to reduce it to a 16 color palette. How do I do that? You ask? Once you have the image designed, go to the "Colors" menu, choose "Decrease Color Depth" then "16 Colors" Take a look at the screen shot below, for an example. You may need to experiment with this a bit to get things looking the best they can. And it may take a bit of work to clean things up (16 colors isn't very many!), but eventually you should have a 16 color image to your liking.

(In Photoshop, you will have to set the image mode to "index" Then "save as" "bmp". After choosing the filename you want to save as, you will get another options window. Choose 4 bit, Windows, and be sure "Compress (RLE)" is NOT checked)

Install linux in a virtual machine (vmware, virtualbox, qemu, bochs,) then screenshot it as it boots.

To go about taking a screen shot in Windows Vista, all you need to do is press the Print Screen key - or Prnt Scrn as it appears on typical UK keyboards - and this works very similar to when you copy and paste something; When you press Print Screen, an image of your entire screen is copied to the clipboard.

Once you have successfully decided on when to take a screen shot and pressed the Print Screen key, simply boot up your favourite 2D graphics manipulation program; Whether it be: Adobe Photoshop CS3, Corel Paint Shop Pro XI, GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program), or even good old fashioned Microsoft Paint which comes with virtually every Windows operating system in history. For those of you who are unfamiliar as to where Microsoft Paint is located: You can access it by clicking on your Start menu and navigating to All Programs--> Accessories--> Paint. I have also included a screenshot of how to reach Microsoft Paint for the newer Windows Vista users out there.