Thread: Directx graphics adapter problem

Directx graphics adapter problem

Sims2 creating problem for me . it shows error says The Sims 2 at the beginning but then it'll stop and say "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate." what should i do ?
    thank you

Re: Directx graphics adapter problem

If you got the board that was recommended in that link the motherboard you're using has integrated video, go into the bios make sure the integrated video is disabled and/or the Pci-e video card is set as the primary video adapter.

I think I may need more information about your computer, but I think you probably have a video card made by ATI, maybe an old Radeon(ATI sux). NVidia graphics cards are way better and support DirectX. Or maybe you have integrated(soldered into the motherboard) graphics like "Intel Extreme Graphics", those graphics suck, but it should support directx. Maybe you don't have the drivers for your video card installed. You can check by clicking Start>Run>and type "dxdiag" which will open a diagnostic program for Directx. There are various tabs in this program and one is called "Display". Click on it. There are two buttons in the bottom right of the window(right of the text box), one for testing DirectDraw, and one for testing Direct3D. First run DirectDraw, then Direct3D. Don't interrupt them and when a message box comes up, just hit OK, but read it first. See if it comes out ok. DirectDraw test should show some black and white shapes for a few seconds each and Direct3D should show a rotating cube with directx logos on it. If they have problems, find the CD that came with your video card and try to reinstall the drivers for it, or download them from the manufacturer's website. One way to test if the drivers are installed correctly is to try to set the screen size(aka resolution) above 640x480 pixels and more than 16 colors. I not, they're not installed. In the Directx diagnostic, you should also look for problems with the files associated with your video card (in the first tab's text box, I think). Look for any problems listed in the text box. That's about all I can think of, if all else fails, format the hard drive and reinstall windows, but make sure to install all the latest drivers and DirectX 9.0c

This error will occur if your video card does not meet the requirements, or if your drivers need to be updated to a 9.0c compatible version.

First, verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements for the game.

You need (at minimum) a T&L-capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM.

The supported video cards are:

• ATI Radeon(TM) series (7000 or better)
      VE series (see note below)
      7000, 7200, 7500
      8500, All-In-Wonder 8500
      9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
      X300, X600, X800
    • NVIDIA(R) Quadro(TM) series
      Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4
    • NVIDIA GeForce series (GeForce2 and better)
      GeForce 2
      GeForce 3, 3 Ti
      GeForce 4, 4 Ti, MX 420, 440
      GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950
      GeForce 6600, 6800
    • Intel(R) Extreme Graphics (see note below)
      82845, 82865, 82915

If you have a non-T&L capable video card, such as Intel Extreme Graphics or Radeon VE series, then you need at least a 2.0 GHz processor.

If your video card meets all the minimum requirements, but the issue persists you will need to contact your system or card manufacturer for the newest drivers for your video card. Most manufacturers have these drivers available as free downloads on their website.

If you have updated your drivers and still get this error, you must make sure that the DirectX features for your video card are enabled.

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Run...
    3. Type dxdiag into the box.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Click on the Display tab.
    6. Find the DirectX Features box.
    7. The first feature is DirectDraw Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.
    8. The second feature is Direct3D Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.
    9. The third feature is AGP Texture Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.
    10. Once all three are enabled, close the window.

You may now start your game. The error should no longer occur.