Thread: How to archive msn messenger conversation and read it later

How to archive msn messenger conversation and read it later

Hey Guys!
    I have been using msn messenger from a long time and i use it quite often. Well as i'm not a tech savy i do not experiment a lot on my computer fearing of screwing my system unnecessarily. I want to know how to archive msn messenger conversation? Is it possible with any third party software or it will require one for it..!? Help Guys!
    Thanks in advance!

Re: How to archive msn messenger conversation and read it later

Hey There!
    You can use Messenger Archive Decoder Viewer to read the saved archives. It can decode and read MSN messenger archive as well as yahoo messenger archive...! Search google and you will find where to download it and how to use it...! All the best, Have Fun..!

Hey!
    Thanks for taking some time out and replying me..! But when i use the software it tell me no archives found...! My question is how do i start archiving msn messenger conversation? If i start msn messenger archive then only it will keep a record of my conversation which i can view later, but if i don't archive i won't have anything to open in any softwrae. So Please help guys, how do i start msn messenger archive? Thanks Again for the previous reply and the next reply to..!

Hey!
    Follow the below instructions to start archiving MSN messenger conversations :

• Open MSN Instant Messenger.
    • Select "Show Menu" at the top of the screen.
    • Go to "Tools" and select "Options."
    • Pick "Messages." Look for "Message History." Check the box "Automatically keep a history of my conversations."
    • Check the box "Show my last conversation in new conversation windows" if you choose.
    • Save your conversations to a folder. There is a folder already selected, but you can change it by selecting "Change" and picking the folder where you want to save the conversations. You can make a new folder or pick one that is already there. You save all conversations to the same folder but each file has its own name.
    • Hit the "Apply" button and then "OK" and you will save conversations every time you talk to anyone on MSN messenger.
    • View your conversation with any contact by doing the following. Right click on a contact and select "Send an instant message." Go to the top of the page and click on "View your entire conversation history with this contact." A new window will open with your entire conversation with the person.

Note : If your conversations become lengthy, you may find you have to put the conversation into an archive file. MSN will ask you if you want to delete the file or save it to an archive file if this happens.
    All the best..! Enjoy!