Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unknown folder named SMRTNTKY

Windows Software

Old 13-04-2009

Unknown folder named SMRTNTKY

Hey Guys!
I have brought a project file from a friend's computer via a pen drive. When i i plugged the pen drive, it had a folder named "SMRTNTKY" What is this folder i hope its not a virus or some malicious content. My antivirus program doesn't show it as infected. Also i want to know that is it safe to delete this file? I hope it won't screw up my computer...! Help Guys! Thanks!

Old 13-04-2009

Re: Unknown folder named SMRTNTKY

Hey!
I guess i have heard it before too... Which operating system do you use? Did you use the pen drive for any installation process or did you install any software on the pen drive [any portable version of software] so that you could run it in other computers too? Have you had any such idea?
Old 13-04-2009

Hey!
I use windows xp sp2. Well i did not install any software on the pen drive or from the pen drive. I don't know if my friend use it for something as when i gave him the pen drive it was totally blank, and know it has my project files and this folder SMRTNTKY and a file named SetupSNK.exe. My antivirus program shows them as clean. Help Guys!
Old 13-04-2009

Hey!
I guess your friend used your pen drive to create a wireless network. The wireless network wizard makes the SMRTNTKY folder and the SetupSNK.exe file which are used to install and the same configuration on all the computers using that wireless network...! You can delete the folder and file from your pendriver... It is not dangerous and is not of any use to you... All the best...!
Old 13-04-2009

Hey!
Thanks Guys! I've now formatted the pen drive. I didn't knew it was the folder and file created by the wireless network wizard. I asked my friend he told me that he used my pen drive for the wizard. Now as it was of no use and according to your suggestions i've formatted the pen drive...! Thanks Guys!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,