Thread: Many Songs Missing in WMP

Many Songs Missing in WMP

I assume / hope this is something easy to fix. As of a few days ago, my WMP 11 music library shows only a small portion (<10%) of the songs actually in my music database. All the songs/albums are still in My Music on my hard drive, but they just don't show up in WMP. I tried the "Monitor Folders" thing, and WMP seems to go through 100% of the folders but then doesn't add any folders. Initially, there didn't seem to be any particular logic to which songs/files are there and which are not -- there's a mix of old stuff and new, stuff I ripped as WMA and stuff I ripped as MP3s -- but when I looked closer at what's there, I noticed that no artist whose file begins with a letter of the alphabet before "N" is there (hmmm ... what gives here??).

I'd also mention that all my playlists see to be intact -- and in fact, songs that are on playlists but no longer shown in the library play just fine.

Unless somebody has a better suggestion, I plan to delete the WMP library database file and see if that fixes things, but I figured I'd give this forum a shot first since there symptoms are a bit different from what I've read elsewhere.

Re: Many Songs Missing in WMP

Apologies for the multiple posts of this thread -- I kept getting a message that my post didn't go through and I should try again later. Now I can't figure out how to delete all the duplicates - there's a nice "Edit/Delete" button, but when I hit it I get all sorts of nice editing options and nothing I can find for deleting.

Re: Many Songs Missing in WMP

Well yes try and delete the windows media player library database file and add the folders to the database all over again. See if you can get it to work then... Do post back...