Thread: Powerpoint Shows "Cannot find vids:MJPG decompressor" error

Powerpoint Shows "Cannot find vids:MJPG decompressor" error

Hey Guys!
    I am preparing my college presentation in powerpoint. I would like to insert an .avi video file in powerpoint. Whenever i try to insert an .avi video file, it shows me the following error : Cannot find vids:MJPG decompressor. Can anyone help me?

Re: Powerpoint Shows "Cannot find vids:MJPG decompressor" error

Hey!
    I guess the windows media player and powerpoint uses different video codec versions. from your question it seems like the powerpoint doesn't recognize the .avi video files as the codec for it is not installed or you may be using the older version of office... You can try to repair the office setup and try again... But first make backup of the files you created...! All the best...!

Hey!
    I can't tell you anything about PowerPoint, but the 'MJPG' video codec is MJPEG and not MPEG. DirectX9 come with an MJPEG decoder, but it only works with DirectShow so, if it's true PP is using an older version of the player, you will need an MJPEG decoder in the form of a VCM codec. Notice also that MJPEG is not a standard and common format, so not all decoders work with all encoders, which means that whether a particular decoder will work with your files depends on which encoder was used to produce them.

Hey!
    The best solution i can think is re-install office. Or upgrade if there are any updates available. Pwerpoint runs .avi files fine and i don't have any problem regarding the two... Well i have office 2003. May be it has support for the same and you might be using older version of office...! So try to upgrade...! Post if the problem still persistes...! All the best...!