Thread: Boot process does not fine install.wim system file

Boot process does not fine install.wim system file

Hello!

I am novice for the installation process and am not able to get complete setup for the Windows 7, I have done setup with the help of my friend over teleconference, I started booting this on the ISO image of my OS, it proceed to half a little and gives the following Error and stuck there:

Windows cold not collect information for [OSImage] since the specified image file [install.wim] does not exist
    The image file does contain this file though, so I don't know what is wrong?

PLEASE HELP!!

Re: Boot process does not fine install.wim system file

where in the setup process did you get the error???

i got the error twice, once on my 6956, and now the 6801. I think its because of the DVD drive. The drive i had in it was a old **maybe 4 years** DVD-ROM drive from Sony. I just took out the DVD-RW DL drive from my pc **the one that installed perfectly** and put it in the other PC, lets see if it works :-P bb in a few.

where in the setup process did you get the error???
    when i started setup i get it after 5-10 minutes.

i think that was definitely the problem, i put the new DVD drive in the other PC and it works fine. I guess since i burned the ISO on an RW or something the old DVD-ROM drive had trouble reading it.

You just try to burn the ISO image of DVD again, this problem generally arise when ISO image does not properly burnt.

if you don't know how to burn the DVD image just let me know i will guide you through this.

Problem partly resolved. I had burnt an ISO, missing the warning provided by Nero, that the file was too big for an ISO and that UDF should have been used instead. There was no problem when I did burn using UDF. However, I do not wish to install it on any partition but rather in a virtual drive and at present I am unable to do so.