Thread: Windows Photo Viewer glitch only on some pics

Windows Photo Viewer glitch only on some pics

Windows 7 photo viewer is not displaying SOME pictures. Instead the pic is displayed as a glitched band. My monitor is 1600x900 so the picture/photo appears as a 1600x20 band.

There is nothing wrong with the picture/photo, if a slideshow in photo viewer is started the image displays correctly.
    It is also displayed correctly and can be opened and edited in paint/GIMP/picasa/live photo gallery.

However even if I edit the picture/photo it does not alter windows photo viewer not displaying it.

<properties> are correct for the picture/photo eg size/size on disk/image dimensions.

The only connection with the pics/photos I can think of, is that they have all been saved from the net within the last four months.

I use a Dell Studio 540 Dual core 2.95GHz 4GB 64bit OS it came with Windows 7 and has only been loaded with such.

Re: Windows Photo Viewer glitch only on some pics

There are certain image format that Windows Photo Viewer cannot identify. This is related to the codec support on the application. For that you can try to convert the file to a different format like jpg and then open the same. You can use many software's to convert the image to the most common image format and this will also correct the image codec errors. Most of the time a conversion fixes the issue.

Thanks DotNetUser.

Images affected are jpeg and bmp.
    From a word, One word led to another
    From a deed, One deed led to another

Well; if you want to get back the images that are affected then you can make use of the Software Program and can convert those images to some other format. If you want you can make use of the Total Image Converter. In addition to this if you do not like using the Converter then you can use the PixRecovery. Here with this you will not be required to make the conversion but it will automatically repair and view the corrupted images. One more thing about this software is that the free/trial version is available. You can give this a try.