Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22

    Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    Hello,
    I'm having one PDF file downloaded from internet , but when i try to copy its contents it gives me the following error:

    Adobe Reader: There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred.
    What that means? Please give me urgent help, i need to prepare some documentation today only.

    Thanks in advance for help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    172

    Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    Does this pdf have security on it?

    file > document properties should display what security the pdf has...

    ...it may not allow copying or editing...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    252

    Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    Which version of Adobe reader? Have you tried foxit reader? the 90% chance is its security protected. Its having copyright and you cannot copy its contents.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22

    Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    I don't think so its having any security, see the screenshot of security tab in properties below:


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22

    Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    Quote Originally Posted by neel23 View Post
    Which version of Adobe reader? Have you tried foxit reader? the 90% chance is its security protected. Its having copyright and you cannot copy its contents.
    Success ! its working fine with foxit reader. Really thanks for advice..but still here is doubt that why its not working with Adobe reader 8.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3

    smile Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    here is the solution : start the clipbook service in the NT service manager. open system32\clipbrd.exe, and delete all the contents. now copy from the pdf again. NO_ERROR : - )

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    sad Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    hi,

    i am also facing this problem. when i try foxit, it is not creating any problem.
    but Adobe reader is throwing error.

    i cannot see system32\clipbrd.exe in windows 7.

    please tell me how i can solve this as my client uses only adobe but not foxit

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,602

    Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    Quote Originally Posted by rajendra.tadavarthy View Post
    hi,

    i am also facing this problem. when i try foxit, it is not creating any problem.
    but Adobe reader is throwing error.

    i cannot see system32\clipbrd.exe in windows 7.

    please tell me how i can solve this as my client uses only adobe but not foxit
    Which version of Adobe Reader are you using? If you have installed skype on your system then there might be a conflict with the Skype Add-on for
    1. Internet Explorer, so follow the below steps to rectify it:
    2. Open Internet Explorer.
    3. Click Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons.
    4. In the list, click on Skype once.
    5. Underneath, click the Disable radio button.
    6. Click OK.
    7. A message may appear saying you need to restart Internet Explorer. Click OK.
    8. Close Internet Explorer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    sad Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    I am using Adobe reader X
    search is working well on Adobe reader 9 or less but not on X
    that too only on this document i have this problem.

    Search is working well on other documents.
    I disabled skype addon on internet explorer. but this didn't solve the issue.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3

    Naughty Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    The problem is not with Adobe. The basic problem is you made the insane decision to install Windows 7, which is worst crap Microsoft ever produced. You will sooner or later have to install Windows 2000/XP, or you can move to some good GNU-based distro of Linux or, even better, FreeBSD. Gift your copy of W7 to your highest-ranking enemy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    I'm running a Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 environment, based on Windows Server2003 and providing Adobe Reader as a published application (this issue appears with Adobe Reader 7 and Adobe Reader 8 equally).

    Sometimes when trying to copy test from a pdf document, the error message "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred." appears. The selected text is still copied to the clipboard, so the message seems to be more of a warning, but it's confusing for the end-users. This happens equally when copying via 'Ctrl-C' or with the mouse (right-click & copy).

    It is not a problem with the document itself since sometimes the error appears and sometimes not on the same document. This happens for all documents I've tried so far.

    Additional information: On the servers also MS Office 2003 SP3 is installed. I have the feeling that it may be an interference with the Office Clipboard, but I can't put my finger on it...

    Please, has anyone found a solution for this?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1

    Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    Open your PDF file with IE Explorer. There you can copy- paste the texts you want. I think Adobe disabled their their copy-paste features to their free adobe reader software, In fact I also got the same problem before and I tried many ways until I discovered the solution by using IE Explorer to open the pdf file, there I applied copy-paste technic.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: Adobe Reader: "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred"

    Quote Originally Posted by susan.david62 View Post
    I'm running a Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 environment, based on Windows Server2003 and providing Adobe Reader as a published application (this issue appears with Adobe Reader 7 and Adobe Reader 8 equally).

    Sometimes when trying to copy test from a pdf document, the error message "There was an error while copying to Clipboard. An internal error occurred." appears. The selected text is still copied to the clipboard, so the message seems to be more of a warning, but it's confusing for the end-users. This happens equally when copying via 'Ctrl-C' or with the mouse (right-click & copy).

    It is not a problem with the document itself since sometimes the error appears and sometimes not on the same document. This happens for all documents I've tried so far.

    Additional information: On the servers also MS Office 2003 SP3 is installed. I have the feeling that it may be an interference with the Office Clipboard, but I can't put my finger on it...

    Please, has anyone found a solution for this?
    does my solution not work for you ? : start the clipbook service in the NT service manager. open system32\clipbrd.exe, and delete all the contents. now copy from the pdf again

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 06:51 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 02:16 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 06:10 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-06-2010, 05:21 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-05-2009, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •