Thread: Need software to recover buddy list ?

Need software to recover buddy list ?

hello,

I have maintained a very long list of my buddies in AIM. Few days back, I dont know but for some reason my entire buddy list is disappeared. I cannot see any of my buddies on the list.
    Is there any application or software that will recover my entire buddy list ?
    plz suggest some softwares for this....
    ..thnx

Re: Need software to recover buddy list ?

I will show you how to restore the buddy list on your AIM. It's a bit of a complicated procedure, but it might just work for sure.
    First thing you need to do is use a computer you have used your AIM username and password before.
    Make sure you change your hidden files and folders to a visible mode.
    Open the AIM folder in your installed drive and then open your screen name folder. You need to open 'userinfo.bag'. Open this file with Microsoft WordPad. There will be a long list of symbols. Keep scrolling down and you will find your friends' usernames.
    Just copy and paste it on to AIM.

That's it.....

BringBack offers easy to use, inexpensive, and highly successful data file recovery for Windows & Linux (ext2) operating systems & digital images stored on memory cards, hardware RAID, etc.

Supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS and Ext2 file systems with RAID 0 + 5 reconstruction capabilities.

This easy to use file recovery solution is far more effective than other available options. When you've given up hope, BringBack keeps on working and achieves results.

To do this - You have to make sure that you are signed into your AIM with the user name whose list you want to recover and also check that your "Show hidden files" option is on.
    You can see it in windows XP by clicking on Tools > Folder Options > View tab.
    The show hidden files option should be checked.

Then in the Application data folder go to AIM > screen name and then open userinfo.bag in word Pad or note pad.

In this file among many other things, there would be the user names of your buddies and you can get them back by pasting them on your list.