Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

WMP 11 Shutdown my computer

Windows Software

Old 08-04-2009

WMP 11 Shutdown my computer

Hello.. I installed Windows Media Player last month in my XP computer. Since 3 days whenever i start WMP it just shutdowns my computer normally. No error message nothing.

What might be the problem ? How can i make it correct ? I tried reinstalling WMP but the same result. Please help.

Old 08-04-2009

Re: WMP 11 Shutdown my computer

I guess you might have tried restoring the system as well. And if it still turning off your pc than the solution is to delete all the files that are conflicting with running this software.

1. Thus to remove this problem, just delete the user you are using so that it will remove all the files that are associated with WMP and conflicting with its proper running. Deleting the user and creating a new one is no difficult and will not even delete any saved data.

3. But before you delete the user it is ADVISABLE that you backup your complete My Documents and Desktop folders and other data associated with any particular software.

4. For deleting the user, go to Control Panel and then click on ?User Accounts?, click the account and just click on ?delete this account?.

5. Then you need to create a new user and restore all the backed up data. Just replace the data that we backed up in earlier steps.

Thats it.. I hope this gonna work for you..
Old 08-04-2009

You must even try the Windows Media Player updates. Some times updates can fix the problem !!
Old 08-04-2009

i feel that the files that conflict or settings that cause problem must be located in local settings of the user, i suspect the application data area, example of such folders is is:

C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,