Thread: Converting .Cda files to mp3

Converting .Cda files to mp3

Hello,
    I want to convert music from a CD with file names ending in. Cda to mp3 files - what do I do? I copied (cntrl-c) a few music tracks from a cd to my pc. These files are .cda files. They are not copy protected files. I'd like to convert them to mp3s but they won't open. Have tried unsuccessfully with Tunebite.

Thank you
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Converting. Cda files to mp3

The first thing you must know is .CDA files are not audio files, they are just a way that Windows uses to let you access an Audio CD index. When I say that they are not audio files, I mean that they do not contain sampled sound at all! This means that you cannot convert them to another format (such like MP3), simply because they do not contain audio samples! This is why if you copy a .CDA file to our hard drive and try to play it with an audio player, nothing happens. And this is why you need FreeRIP to extract audio tracks from an Audio CD.

To extract audio tracks from an Audio CD to MP3 (or another supported format) use FreeRIP as described here in FreeRIP user manual.

If you copied some .CDA file to your hard drive or to a different media.....sorry, you can't convert them to MP3 format. You will need to find the original CD and rip its tracks with FreeRIP.

Re: Converting. Cda files to mp3

How to convert CDA to MP3 with the CDA to MP3 converter?
    1. Free download this CDA to MP3 converter and run it.
    2. Launch this CDA Converter and the interface is as follows:
    3. Insert your CD disc to be converted to MP3 into CD driver and click "File" button to load CDA file(s): And the selected CDA files will be displayed.
    4. Click "Profile" combo-box to select MP3 as the output file to convert CDA to MP3, and the relevant parameters will be displayed in the right panel

• And you can set the parameters of audio codec and click "Save As" button to save them as the appropriate name

5. Click "Browse" button to select an output path:
    6. Click "Convert" button to start to convert CDA to MP3 by this CDA Converter, CDA to MP3 Converter:

You will successfully complete to convert CDA to MP3 by this CDA Converter, CDA to MP3 Converter. Just enjoy your MP3 files right now!

Manny Guest

Re: Converting .Cda files to mp3

Audio Converter Studio is pretty good converter that supports many formats. Here is how you can convert cda to mp3