Thread: change the size of my text

change the size of my text

I would like to change the size of my text but I cannot. It is true that I have a css file but normally when you put a tag in the code it cancels the css right? Thank you

Re: change the size of my text

You can change the size of all of your web page, or just certain parts, here's how.

How to do it

Whole Page
    To change the text size of ALL the text on your web page do this:

Place a <BASEFONT SIZE="?"> in front of the first line of text on your web page.

Next replace the ? with the number of the size you want your text to be. The number can range from 1 to 7, with 1 being the smallest, and 7 being the biggest.

Section's of text
    To change the size of a line of text, do this:

First place a <FONT SIZE="?"> tag in front of the line of text that you want to change the size of.

Next replace the ? with the number of the size you want your text to be. The number can range from 1 to 7, with 1 being the smallest, and 7 being the biggest.

Finally, place an ending </FONT> tag at the end of the line of text that you want to change the size of.

Tip: You can place a + or - sign before the number to specify a relative size of the surrounding text. For example, if you place a +2 as your font size, that text will be 2 times bigger than the surrounding text.

Example
    <FONT SIZE="1">This is size 1</font>
    <FONT SIZE="2">This is size 2</font>
    <FONT SIZE="3">This is size 3</font>
    <FONT SIZE="4">This is size 4</font>
    <FONT SIZE="5">This is size 5</font>
    <FONT SIZE="6">This is size 6</font>
    <FONT SIZE="7">This is size 7</font>

For more information go to this link.

In the most recent World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommendations, the preferred method for changing text size is the use of cascading style sheets (CSS). This document describes the use of the HTML <font> tag, which is less flexible than CSS, but compatible with older browsers.

In HTML, you can change the size of text with the <font> tag using the size attribute. The size attribute specifies how large a font will be displayed in either relative or absolute terms. Close the <font> tag with </font> to return to a normal text size.

The default font size is 3, and the largest font size that can display in a browser is 7.

To increase or decrease the size of the font relative to the default size, use <font size=+num> or <font size=-num> , where "num" is a number. For example, to make the text two sizes bigger, use:

<font size=+2>This is bigger text.</font>
    To make text one size smaller, use:

<font size=-1>This is smaller text.</font>
    To specify an absolute font size, use <font size=num> , where "num" is a number from 1 to 7. (When you use absolute font sizes, the resulting display may be more dependent on the browser and hardware of the person viewing the page than when you use relative sizes.) For example, to display the smallest text possible, use:

<font size=1>This is really tiny text.</font>
    For examples of how the different font sizes look, visit W3Schools' HTML <font> Tag Example.

all i do is when i want my text small i go <small> and i go </small> to make it unsmall agian, same for bigger except the word big instead. <big> to make it much bigger i just keep doing it eg: <big><big><big> ect.

and the colour code i use is
    <font color="COLOUR">and the text here is a different colour. until you put this > </font>