Thread: Outlook 2007 data file problem

Outlook 2007 data file problem

Every time I open Outlook 2007 running in Vista I receive:

"A data file was not closed properly last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress"

After the check (which is annoying because it takes quite a bit of time) things open and seem ok. I have reloaded Vista and Office 2007 and run all the updates. I have uninstalled AVG Antivirus and the problem continues. I have run scanpst.exe and repaired. I have deleted add-ins one by one and nothing seems to stop this problem. Can some one help me please?

Re: Outlook 2007 data file problem

There is a possibility of having a problem related to Outlook.pst kind of files,if Outlook is opened and then you choose to shut down, it will wait for getting the Outlook.exe process done completely and will not kill any process. So either close Outlook somewhat earlier before shutting down the system or make the Outlook window opened before shutting down. This is a real PST closing way.

Don’t give any invitation to any mistake which can make your PST and in case, it has got corrupted, use Microsoft Outlook recovery and come out of the issue. PST repair technique is applicable through software utilities which are instructed to scan corrupted PST and extract the valuable information. These offer PST recovery in an easy and effective manner.

For the actual Microsoft Outlook recovery, Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair is considered as the mastered. This is an application which is competent to use the most powerful scanning algorithms and not to perform any write operation on the data.

You can also have a look at the following forum discussion:
    Outlook 2007 error Data file not closed properly

Thanks for the reply. I am not shutting down my computer I am just closing outlook (and checking under task manager that it is closing) and then reopening.
    I saw that other post that is why I check the Com add-ins and antivirus issue. None of the other issues apply to my case.
    Is the scanpst.exe and repair in outlook not suffiient to fix a bad pst file?

Deleted the profile and created a new one. Disabled add-ins which weren't necessary (including some Microsoft ones) and removed some others add-ins completely eg PDFMaker. Enabled only the following:

• Google Desktop Outlook Toolbar
    • Windows Search Email Index

Can you explain how to delete and create a new profile?