Thread: Microsoft Word 2000 spell check, Ctrl+F not working right

Microsoft Word 2000 spell check, Ctrl+F not working right

Hello,

I have a word document that has been passed back and forth from a few different PCs.

here are the stats.

times new roman
    double spaced
    12 font
    Normal

Ok, almost everything is underlined in green. The spellcheck only picks up words that I've just typed on one computer, but not words from another computer.

Also, if I copy the document into another new blank word doc.. the problem follows the text that I'm copying over.

So, the only way I've figured to fix the problem is to re-type the entire 80+ page paper which I recently just gave up on after typing 20 pages, and taking 2 hours.

Anyone shed some light on this problem? Even if I do a cntrl F and type in a word that is right in front of me on the screen, it doesnt' find it. It doesnt' find the most common words in the dictionary for spell check either.

Thanks,
    Todd

Dr. V Guest

Re: Microsoft Word 2000 spell check, Cntrl F not working right

I finally figured out that if you go to full screen and right click on the screen and then select "Quick Help", you will be able to use all the help functions keys.

Re: Microsoft Word 2000 spell check, Cntrl F not working right

check this similar problem hope you will get some help and also check for your keyboard that working fine ?

http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/734509.htm

Re: Microsoft Word 2000 spell check, Ctrl+F not working right

When you run spell check and it doesn't work as expected, take the following steps.

1. Hit Ctrl+A to select the entire document and then, from the menu, choose Tools->Language->Set Language. Choose your language, and uncheck the two options at the bottom. Hit OK.

Tip: If you spellcheck after performing these steps and still get a message saying that some text was not checked, you'll need to perform these same steps in your headers and footers.

2. Again from the menu, choose Tools->Options, Spelling and Grammar tab. Hit the Recheck Document button, and hit OK

3. Run spell check again.

Re: Microsoft Word 2000 spell check, Ctrl+F not working right

- In a blank document in Microsoft Word, select the lone paragraph mark.
    - On the Review ribbon, in the Proofing group, click the Set Language button.
    - In the dialog, I think you'll find that the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box is checked.
    - Uncheck it, and then click the Default button to apply the setting to the Normal template.
    - Click Yes in the message that asks whether to change the default, and click OK to close the Language dialog.