Thread: Checking ortho in Word 2007

Checking ortho in Word 2007

Everytime when I check for spelling in Word it breaks. It strives to make the correct spelling in French (typed document in English). If I press F7 to meet up with the right language, it again changes back to french. It seems to be forced to be taking only the french language. Please help, thank you
    Waiting for (I know I cant afford em all): Halo 2 (xbox), Half-Life 2 (xbox), MGS3: Snake Eater (ps2), MGS: Twin Snakes (GC), Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (xbox), Gran Tourismo 4 (PS2), Mario Advance 4: Pikmin 2 (GC), Metroid Zero Mission (GBA), Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)

Re: Checking ortho in Word 2007

I would guess that there is some type of add-in being loaded with Word that is causing the issues, or else there is some type of problem with the installation. You have two steps you can try:
    1) Under the office tools folder there is a diagnostics, which will check for common issues. This is your best bet.
    2) You can try some of the steps from this microsoft knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

I have had this problem with word 2002 and 2003 and it is a problem with the normal.dot file (basic word template). If you search for that file on your main drive, then delete it, restart your system and it should correct the problem. If not, reinstall.

Diagnose problems in Word 2007 with Microsoft Office Diagnostics
    Remember how well Office 2007 ran after your first installed it? If your computer is crashing or simply sluggish, it’s probably time to run Microsoft Office Diagnostics. Microsoft Office Diagnostics is a series of diagnostic tests that can help determine what is wrong and guide you in repair.

To begin the diagnostics process, connect to the Internet and, if possible, close all other programs. Be sure you have the Microsoft Office installation disk on hand — or ensure you have access to the network share that contains the Office installation — as the program may need it to repair certain problems. To start the Microsoft Office Diagnostics program, follow these steps:
    1. Click the Office button.
    2. Click the Word Options button.
    3. Click Resources.
    4. Click the Diagnose button.
    5. Click Continue, and then click Run Diagnostics.

The diagnostics tests include checks for disk errors logged by the Windows systems event log or by the disk itself (if it is equipped with the Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Report Technology, or SMART, feature). Office also checks your laptop for desktop RAM and installations of incompatible versions of Outlook.

The SetUp Diagnostics is the longest portion of the test, taking 15 minutes or more. It checks for corrupted files and registry settings in the Office 2007 system installation, and then it repairs some problems directly and gives recommendations on how to solve others. (The SetUp Diagnostics is similar to the Detect and Repair feature in previous versions of Word.)

If Automatic Update is on, Microsoft Office Diagnostics will also check whether your computer is up to date with installed free service packs from Microsoft. Finally, it will check for data on previous crashes that have occurred on your system to find out if any other solutions are available.

If Word has crashed so badly that it will not restart, you can still run the diagnostics program by following these steps:
    1. In Windows, click the Start button.
    2. Point to All Programs, then point to Microsoft Office, and then Microsoft Office Tools.
    3. Click Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

Note: This tip applies to Word 2007, Excel 2007, and Access 2007.

Source: Techrepublic.com