"To anyone who might be reading this and still face the problem of this thread, you could try this solution:
- Uninstall Norton PC Check
- Delete all files relating to this program (eg.symcheckupstub.exe in your C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\Shockwave 11)
- Go inside regedit and also manually clean the services/registries that are attached.
- Still inside regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current Version -> RunOnce. Change the symPCCheckup Data to just “C:\”.
- Reboot into Windows Safe Mode (Press F8 during boot time)
- Get into the regedit and navigate to the same location in step 4.
- Delete the symPCCheckup entry.
- Reboot into Windows normally (automatic if you reboot your PC while in safe mode, else press F8 and start Windows normally)
- There should now be no annoying popup window or alerts.