Thread: Best Flash player for Windows Vista-64 bit

ThumbsUp Best Flash player for Windows Vista-64 bit

Hello Everybody,

Recently i have bought a new pc. I had installed Windows Vista-64 bit as my operating system. Now i would like to know that which is the best Flash player for Windows Vista-64 bit. I would like to install the best Flash player which can be compatible with Windows Vista-64 bit. Can any body recommend the best Flash player for Vista-64 bit? Kindly suggest me your views.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Best Flash player for Windows Vista-64 bit

Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.

Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following Flash Player 10.

To use Flash Player to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system, you must run a 32-bit browser.

Although both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista versions are released to manufacturing, there is still no 64-bit Flash Player, making it impossible to view Flash content in 64-bit web browsers. Adobe says its developers are working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of company’s “ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player”. But, Adobe hasn’t yet announced timing or release dates.

The company says users currently must use 32-bit Flash Player in 32-bit browser to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system. In 64-bit Windows Vista both 64-bit and emulated 32-bit Internet Explorer are installed by default. Linux users must install 32-bit browser and 32-bit Flash Player plug-in on their 64-bit operating systems.

Adobe Flash Player 10 is a lightweight browser plug-in and rich Internet application runtime that delivers consistent and engaging user experiences, stunning audio/video playback, and pervasive reach. It is the foundation of the next generation of the Adobe Flash Platform, built on open technologies and open-source community participation.