Thread: Problem with GMA 500 drivers

Problem with GMA 500 drivers

Hello,
    The problem is the driver. I had at times asked to a company if they should not at least bring their own Windows drivers. You have excluded completely, but I do not have the resources for it. I want and will buy a machine with the SGX535 and then test, then also with ordinary drivers. But the guys say, it is soon to be new drivers from Intel, which are also ion, but some people has probably woken up at Intel. why do they give their drivers that are not free, what is the nonsense with the non-open source drivers for Linux? Any more discussion will definitely help me. Thank you.

Re: Problem with GMA 500 drivers

I have a Dell Mini 12 and am still waiting for a new graphics driver, as the GMA 500 for time to speak, only about software runs slowly, for some youtube videos, and not even very old games like age of empires one run at all. can someone tell me how it looks with the new Intel drivers? On the page I find only embedded drivers that you can only download as a premium member or something.

Which device have you tested, and what operating system? Even I use an Acer 751 with Windows 7 (RC 7100). With the driver 1005er has also changed something on HD playback. It is now possible to give with the Windows Media Player 12 All the H.264 encoded material again, up to and including 1080p. This is a nice thing, if you do not have to struggle with third-party software (Cyberlink, MPC-HC) and various codecs. What do you think really because of the rumors that you want an external decoder (Broadcom) installed in netbooks. But would actually make no sense. Or is intel is not aware of the HD capabilities of theGMA500?

Intel has just put online new graphics drivers for the GMA 500 chipset that is found especially in some netbooks based on the platform Poulsbo, such as the Dell Mini 12. Available for Windows XP and Windows Vista (32 bit only), these drivers are stamped 3.0.2.32X for version 4.0.2 for XP and Vista version. Intel says that these drivers are intended for developers, without giving any reason. If you still want to test this new version of the driver GMA 500.

Users of Linux netbooks usually have a big problem: the GMA 500 used in some models has support more imperfect with the penguin OS. Fortunately, some developers are there and it is now possible to use certain features of the chip, as the acceleration of video decoding, Linux.

A few notes regarding the installation:
    - In theory, only intended for Vista, the driver can be installed using the compatibility mode on Windows 7
    - Intel is apparently an error undermined the build date, so that installation will be reported at "the currently installed driver is more recent," which is not true. (Perhaps Intel has corrected this mistake already)

Intel has the device drivers for its graphics GMA500 updated. This is usually found in conjunction with the processors of the nuclear-Z-series and was rather poor performance on through. Large performance gains from the new driver should not even be expected, but some users report improved behavior when playing flash videos such as those from YouTube.