Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009

Need to keep the computer busy

Hey guys!
I have a small problem...! Is there a way to keep the computer busy all the time with a small program so that the computer doesn't go into hibernation. Actually i don't have administrator right's on this office computer. This computer Runs Windows 2000 operating system... Help Guys! Thanks in advance...
Old 02-04-2009

Re: Need to keep the computer busy

Hey!
I would like to know, what rights do you have on your computer? Do you have rights to save files, download files? IF yes you can download some simple dos games which you can keep running when you don't use your computer or when your computer is idle...! Try to create a batch program in an infinite loop and let it run all the time... All the best...!
Old 02-04-2009

Hey!
Thanks for taking out some time for me...! Well i do have right to run the executable files but no rights to install a program or software. I can download files and save files that i create. But i no nothing about batch file... Can you provide me with one...! Or guide me for the same...! Would be really greatful of you...! One more If a program runs in an infinite loop, how to stop it?
Old 02-04-2009

Hey!
Well here is an example progarm. Open notepad and paste the following code in in :

Code:
@echo OFF
:LOOP
Echo "Keepin the computer Busy...! :P "
goto LOOP
Now save the file as LOOP.bat You can give any filename but the extension ".bat is important. Just double click on the file to run it. Now to close this program just press "ctrl+c" It will say "Terminate batch job (Y/N)?" Press Y and press Enter.
Now you are keeping your computer busy....!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,