Thread: How to digitally sign all emails of a domain in exchange 2007

How to digitally sign all emails of a domain in exchange 2007

how to digitally sign all e-mails from the area managed by Exchange 2007 having a SSL certificate using Outlook client 2003 and 2007. Thank you

Re: How to digitally sign all emails of a domain in exchange 2007

to my knowledge, an email must be signed by the client (Outlook, for example) of the computer that sends a parameter to change on each computer in the field, not on the server that you have certificate SSL.

This might work, try it in a lab first if you can:

* Set up SMTP-smarthosts and VPN-connections first

* Create an additional Send connector with the address space *.abc.com and make it route it's mail trough a smart host (where your vpn-connection starts to the other site) (you might have to set the cost of the standard * adress space connector to 2 to make the new send connector work, I'm not sure)

* Create a new contact user1@abc.com

* Set the user account user1@xyz.com to be forwarded to the user1@abc.com-contact (only forward do not save localy)

* Do the same on the other side with E2003

Let me know if this might work for you.

I assume the process is the same as is outlined here:
    http://www.grapho-lock.com/outlookdoc.aspx

I am starting to wonder if there might be something else interfering. For your antivirus software, it is one of those personal protection suites or just AV? By this I mean, does it have AV, personal firewall, anti-malware, and 'other' protection features? If so, I would sift through that or disable for testing...

You're not running an older version of Exchange are you? If so this might apply... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831601

If these all exist in your AD, you can try publishing to GAL - you will need to View - Advanced Features in AD Users/Computers to get the tab for the user and then select teh Published Certificates tab and use the button to import the associated cert.

To look at things from another end - I assume the test email was simple text and no attachments, just the signature? Sometimes this can happen if part of the message or attachment gets corrupted or truncated. You could try checking the Exchange logs and see if there is anything that jumps out.