Thread: How to limit the cache in Firefox

How to limit the cache in Firefox

I am trying to limit the cache in Firefox because I need to reload many pages very often. I add "browser.cache.memory.capacity" with a value of 500MB with the command "about: config" but nothing happened, the memory still fills beyond this limit for firefox ..... Please help me, thank you
    "The answer is out there, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to."

Re: How to limit the cache in Firefox

So your value is incorrect and absurd. It is the memory cache for images. So if you want to reduce the memory size of your Firefox, start by lowering this value to 4096 (that is, in kilobytes, it is therefore 4MB).

And I speak well of "Browser.cache.memory.capacity.

Then if it does not resolve your concern, disable your extensions, and the reactive it one by one.

If despite, your concern still persists, then delete your Firefox %HOMEPATH%/Local Settings/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles (having taken care to save it before).

To fix your cache to a certain value:
    *browser.cache.memory.enable and browser.cache.disk.enable needs to be True for this to work
    1. Start up Firefox
    2. Type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter
    3. Search for browser.cache.memory.capacity and set a number in KB to use for the memory cache (ie. 1024KB = 1MB).
    4. Search for browser.cache.disk.capacity and set a number in KB to use for the disk cache (ie. 1024KB = 1MB).

To Disable the cache Totally
    Set both browser.cache.memory.capacity and browser.cache.disk.capacity to 0.
    Alternatively, you can also set browser.cache.disk.enable and browser.cache.memory.enable to False.

I think that this entry in prefs.js is what you want: user_pref("browser.cache.disk.capacity"

Mozilla doesn't use the Registry for much. The settings are based on the old text-based Netscape settings. In the App. Data profile folder is a file prefs.js which holds the current settings. There can also be an optional user.js. If user.js is present, any settings in there will override the settings if prefs.js. (But you shouldn't need to be concerned about that for cache size.)