Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-03-2009

Best program to monitor temps

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows Vista on my system. I would like to know that which is the best program which can monitor the temps on my computer? Can any body suggest me the best program for monitoring the temps on my pc? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 30-03-2009

Re: Best program to monitor temps

I installed Everest Free and it seems "OK". Makes a text report that can easily cut & paste. But didn't see any "continuous monitoring" function. And while it would be easier to instruct a User on how to use Everest, it would still be a difficult thing to do and for the new User to follow.

I've tried SpeedFan, and remember it was fairly basic, but the GUI was VERY non-intuitive and required the User to figure out which sensor gave which reading, if I remember correctly.
Old 30-03-2009

RivaTuner 2.06. I use it to monitor my temps and it has fan controls, although I have never used them.
Old 30-03-2009

I use Everest whenever I want to check my temps now and then. Of course, that program is more all purpose than specifically temp monitoring and sensors.
Old 30-03-2009

SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature). SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise. SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus), a subset of the I2C protocol and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Windows Vista. It works with Windows 64 bit too.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,